Hocking Hills route please.

Tonik

I just modified that google map route to hit the secret hiking spot on Chapel Ridge Rd and then backtrack back down Chapel Ridge to 56, and hit that section of 56 you recommended (Ron), thanks! Can't wait to ride it again with the ClearCreek section and that part of 56 added, neither of which I have been on.

The directions are pretty complicated, so without some kind of handlebar mount GPS, I printed out some small barebones directions and taped to my gas tank. This revised route has many more roads on it, so it's a bit of a long list, but well worth it - helpful to color code highlight it in segments so that when you are in the middle of the directions somewhere and you take a quick glance down, you don't have to spend a lot of time searching for where you are and what road you need to look for. A handlebar mount for my smartphone and a 12V accessory outlet or hardwired 12V to USB charger on my bike would be an awesome mod for future road tripping in unfamiliar territory, however.

Just finally officially discovered the CoOhVinMoto google group, who have a discussion forum and weekly Monday night meetups here in Columbus. Mostly vintage bikes and lots of cafe racers. Really excited to hook up with this group for some rides and hangouts.

Edited by Chuck78

Be careful on chapel ridge. It has the potential to bite you if you are not paying attention. Pavement conditions vary greatly as well. Very different road.

We tried another road off of 374 and ended up on a dirt road and camp grounds. Really quite a amusing. All the campers were the wtf are you doing here?

Very funny.

Mary

I have not been on Clear Creek road recently, but it varied wildly if they had recently patched it up or not. I went through there early this year and it had monster potholes, etc. But I think over the summer they cleaned it up a bit. Watch out for the errant fisherman in his pickup truck driving down the center.

We were going to hit up this route today but had technical problems on one of our buddy's bikes. Maybe next weekend if it's above 50 degrees at all.

Here's revised directions that I printed and taped to my gas tank:

(33 East from Columbus)

R on US22 Cincinnati-Zanesville Rd

L on Delmont Rd SW CoHwy30

cont. L Stoney Hill Rd SW CoHwy30

L on Hamburg Rd SW CoHwy55

R on Christmas Rock Rd SW CoHwy61

L on S Broad St SR793

R on Revenge Rd SW

L on ClearCreek Rd SW CoHwy69

L continue on ClearCreek/CoHwy69

R ON 33E

R ON 374

L on 374

R on Thompson Ridge Rd CoRd36

L on 56 (R FOR GAS & backtrack)

L on Big Pine Rd across 374

R on 664 11 miles

L on 56 (GAS)

L on 374

L on 664/374

R on 374 N

R on 678

L cont on 678

L on 180

R on 374

that segments it into three sections for ease of reference while briefly taking your eyes off the road

Going to try this route on Sunday hopefully, temperatures will be above 50 degrees between 11 a.m. and sunset!

What I was wondering is what enjoyable alternate routes can I take out of central Columbus to avoid 33 & get into Hocking? Hopefully there is a more fun route than 23 or 33 that will take me to the west side of Lancaster & link it to the north end of Christmas Rock Rd on my route map above. Looking at maps, all of the roads headed that direction seem to be very straight and boring