My Autumn/"Winter" Redesign 2003 CBR600RR

Khymera-B

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mannnnn, I'll tell you. I was pretty sure this would have been done a long time ago. I'm so anxious to finish I've been out at the shop everyday. Glad we finally got a day to lay the paint, once the stencils are on and it's all cleared I'll be much happier.

I literally just got finish dealing with a small issue with the signal mirrors. Did a mock up and realized that the adjustment on the aftermarket baseplate was vertical, basically leaving the mirrors pointing str8 up. I removed the base plates from the stock mirrors, turned the new mirrors sideways and mated the oem baseplate. That turned my frown back upside-down. I think I lost my seat cowl too lol

Edited by Khymera-B

• 2 months later...

UPDATE w/ pics

Well... the artist that was suggested for me turned out to be a real **** up, so I took the plastics as they were as soon as I could. Leaves weren't painted, touch-ups for over sanding wasn't done. Condition is fairly dirty, with minor overspray, and emblem placement is incorrect in the fact that it's missing two different emblems because he put the same thing on all opposing fairings.

Soooooooo... as they always say... if you want something done, you've gotta do it yourself. So, I'm going to create vinyl buckeye leaves and paste them over all the O's. also, this winter I may resand the incorrect emblems and vinyl them on. Kind of disappointed, but whatever, I'll handle it myself. Next stop, relay the clear.

and now update (uncleared):

DSC_1253.jpg

DSC_1254.jpg

DSC_1255.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Certified bad ass you are sir. I am thoroughly impressed with the DIY. It's like a custom theme chopper....but you know......useful for something besides making noise.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

lol, thanx fellas, i'm pretty proud of this being my first build... ready to finish this up and begin the refresh of my A6.

• 8 months later...