Recovering from season ending injury

cornbreadxd

So as some of you all remember I high sided on August 25 which ended my season because i had to have my fractured thumb pinned back into place. Now I'm waaaaaayyyyy better but my hand is super weak like I've got toddler strength in my right hand now. But i want a bigger bike for next season (sv1k) but i was curious on how any of you guys dealt with season ending injuries.

I admit the most depressing part about having the injury was that I couldn't get back on the bike, and not being able to drive my cars because i couldn't shift gears was a somewhat distant second. I know I have to take it one day at a time but I look at my gear collecting dust and seeing other riders out makes me wish I would've broken a different bone.:nono:

That was me last year with a broken leg, torn ligaments in my ankle and blood clots to boot. Best thing I did was getting into physical therapy and then going to the gym. The promise of being a whole person again drove me on and my riding now reminds me that staying fit is a goal that allows me to be a better rider.

Until the physical therapy I was becoming an X-box junkie. :lol:

Yeah its been pretty bad for me because call of duty isn't the same without a right thumb. And I'm slowly building strength back and everything but it is soooooooo slow

Mind on the prize, mind on the prize. ;)

Keep the faith, and work on your rehab.

I was told my ankle injury was season-ending. There was talk of having to have surgery to correct the torn ligaments etc.

By listening to the medical folk and following their advice religiously I was able to get ahead of the curve on my rehab and got back on the bike with about 6 weeks of riding weather left. Injury was mid June (Had only had the bike since April!) and got back to regular commuting on the bike in mid september.

My season is over when I start seeing frost on the ground in the mornings. I don't mind the cold, it's traction that is the deal-breaker for me.

Yes, it sucks. Don't rush it, don't give yourself a setback trying to do too much or you could be laid up all next season too. Listen to the doctors - they've done this waaay more times than you have (I hope!)

Edited by Scruit