FS: Springfield Armory XD .40 Sub-compact for sale

Sniper_308

I think your 23 would be smaller.

According to a gun review I read, it sounds like the Springfield is smaller than the g-23. Capacity with the sub magazine on the Spr is 9, 13 in my g-23. Barrel length on the Spr is 3", the g-23 is longer.

Best way to tell of course is a side by side comparison but I'm thinking the Springfield is smaller. It is considered a 'sub' compact, the g-23 a 'compact'. Glock's g-27 is their version of a sub compact.

just sayin.....

imagewww.jpg

it isnt a SC

5375_pd949241_th1.jpg

+1, maybe people are caught up on a naming issue? you can call the gun "sub-compact" all you want when referring to its size class, but it is not the gun that is called the 3" sub-compact xd by springfield. Based on the pictures it looks like the 4" service model. Both great guns, just trying to clear up which model it is because some people might not be interested in one version vs. the other. glws!

+1, maybe people are caught up on a naming issue? you can call the gun "sub-compact" all you want when referring to its size class, but it is not the gun that is called the 3" sub-compact xd by springfield. Based on the pictures it looks like the 4" service model. Both great guns, just trying to clear up which model it is because some people might not be interested in one version vs. the other. glws!

yep - definitely the 4" service model

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=75

aside from the grip being longer - the rail is also different on the two, the sc has one notch in it and the service has two

Edited by Steve Butters

Wicked, that price is the essentials pack just as the ad says. That is gun and a mag only. Not the same one being sold here.

yup, the package with all the xd gear is actually 429 before tax, this gun is priced pretty well.

Wicked, that price is the essentials pack just as the ad says. That is gun and a mag only. Not the same one being sold here.

Vances is giving out 3 free mags and one mag pouch with the purchase of any XD so the base one without the essentials is actually the way to go.