New Motorola Phone Released!

r1crusher

This should answer the questions above:

"Android 2.3 Gingerbread comes pre-installed on the Droid Razr, but representatives told Ars that the phone will be able to upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, which is launching later tonight. Preorders for the Droid Razr will begin October 27, with the handset launching in November priced at $299 for 32GB of storage."

That's this year as I read it Ben.

:eek: Outta my price range. Any clue what the MSRP is?
Most likely not, but I'm in a bit of a tiff with AT&T and their supposed HSPA+ speeds.

I have a coworker who's a tech junkie. He has a 4G service with VZW and he can pull almost 60Mbps down and 20Mbps up. It is truly more than 2x as fast as my TWC speeds.

• 1 month later...

Amazon is having a Verizon and AT&T phone sale...almost all phones are only 1 cent with new service...including the droid Razr which is a smoking deal. If I hadn't just added my gf to my AT&T plan with a 4s I would jump on the droid razr now.

I hate how they treat existing customers like second class citizens.. :nono:

Razr reviews I've read make it seem ok, I haven't read how people are dealing with any hard reset issues (since the battery is sealed).

I've kinda been waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus with ICS, but I'm reading there's a lot of bugs with it. Also :nono:

Well I bit the bullet this evening and upgraded to the new Razr. Couldn't not do it really. Hhgregg had the phone for 299 less my new for 2 of 50 and less another in a 100 Visa gift card so I only paid 169 after taxes. I wasn't going to do it but didn't think I would see as good a deal even at Xmas. So far very happy with it. Just have to get used to not having HTC Sense any more.

I've always been a fan of Motorola phones, I had the original Razr, MotoQ, and MotoQ9C, all were great devices and I was actually going to wait for the new Razr before I upgraded but since it was Verizon only I passed.

Let me know what you think of it :)

Right, Mike. This deal was good for either new contracts or upgrades. So far the phone is fast, a lot faster than my old single core. The screen is fantastic, so much so the wife tried streaming Netflix to hers and it was actually easy to watch. I don't think it would have been as smooth if we weren't in a 4G area though but that's to be expected. I have absolutely no complaints about it at all at this point. I'm usually very good with my phones and this one will probably last a good long time the way it's built.