best race bike VALUE (performance for $$$)

redkow97

My track bike hasn't even sold yet, and i'm already going through riding withdrawl :(

While a large part of me thinks I will do no riding/racing next summer, a small part of me is holding out hope that I can afford to race something slower and less expensive, and still have some fun doing it.

So, i'm trying to figure out what I'm looking for... The contenders are:

- 1st generation SV650

- 2nd generation EX500

- Honda F2/F3

- whatever era ZX6 is V7 legal

- EX250 (old model)

Basically, I am hoping to get a bike for under $1100, and not sink much into it in the way of "upgrades" and such. Racing an EX500 with $1000 in suspension, fork work, and swing-arm swaps defeats the purpose for me.

The EX's will be the cheapest to buy, but the F2/F3 is going to be faster right out of the box, and will be better for trackdays, so I don't get totally mowed down by newer/bigger bikes.

assuming my TOTAL bike budget is around $1500 including all upgrades, what say you? $1500 F2/F3, or $500 EX500, and then $1000 making it suck slightly less?

I'd keep your bike, just spend a bit to fix all thats bad on it and hit the track again next year - dont worry about debt, all of that will be resolved eventually once your life insurance policy pays out :D

Should race mini's... NSF-100, CRF150R, CR85, etc.

Super cheap and just as fun!

But, if I were looking to race full sized, I'd look into the 250cc class! It's a fun class and cost is low

Edited by fireman_343

Here's a 2nd gen sv with a few mods that u might be able to bargain with. I didn't see it posted on OR but seems like he's pretty familiar with the circuit.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2655917502.html

thats my bike i was going to post it up here but i dont have enough posts....its a good bike and i'm a little flexible on price...its going to be a very capable bike w/ race tires and a nice rear shock...