Trailer 7x12 V nose

c7fx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
stupid house, killing my dreams.

You aint seen nothin' yet. It will suck the life out of you, and you'll wish you had rented instead. You're "free time" will now be consumed with "that $(*)*@(! house" that you've gotta spend money on just to keep it standing.

Kind of like buying a new car. Its only cool to you for a little while.

Except this will be a 30-year albatross around your neck. Pulling you down. Trying to kill you.

You aint seen nothin' yet. It will suck the life out of you, and you'll wish you had rented instead. You're "free time" will now be consumed with "that $(*)*@(! house" that you've gotta spend money on just to keep it standing.

Kind of like buying a new car. Its only cool to you for a little while.

Except this will be a 30-year albatross around your neck. Pulling you down. Trying to kill you.

Wow. I almost feel suicidal.

NoBama 2012

But then who will I talk to without craig and brandon around? gatsby isn't much of a talker without treats lol.

Sorry, i'll stop thread crapping. I'm just a bit broke at the moment, blew my load too soon, per usual. If I had a bit more saved up, I probably could, but I hate low balling, so i'd rather wait.

I know this feeling all to well right now, looking to dump every bit of extra money into mine this winter/spring - badly needs a furnace/ac replacement and having our basement waterproofed too so my bank account will be totalled after this. Had really, really, wanted this but now it's looking grim for me with these new developments so GLWS!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup. Only 61k on the odometer and 3-4 clutch pack just gave up in it. So I'm having one built to better than Level 5 by a guy that used to work at FLT. Lots of billet components, upgraded 3-4 clutch pack, wide band 1-2, servos, sprag upgrade, shift kit, upgraded TC. I read about the stories of these thing destroying the trans. Never thought it would happen honestly. I drive it harder than other cars I've owned but it should handle it. IMO, the trans in stock form isn't built to handle the LS2 nor the 5k lb. weight of the truck.

Yup. Only 61k on the odometer and 3-4 clutch pack just gave up in it. So I'm having one built to better than Level 5 by a guy that used to work at FLT. Lots of billet components, upgraded 3-4 clutch pack, wide band 1-2, servos, sprag upgrade, shift kit, upgraded TC. I read about the stories of these thing destroying the trans. Never thought it would happen honestly. I drive it harder than other cars I've owned but it should handle it. IMO, the trans in stock form isn't built to handle the LS2 nor the 5k lb. weight of the truck.

My 3-4 went last summer, swapped for a rebuilt, and did not get it built. I replaced my engine two years ago, common problem with the same rod bearing. Talked to a dealer a few days ago who told me that he has taken four of these in as trades, warrantees them to resell and has had to replace two motors. The expense of keeping this piece of shit running is keeping me from buying something new.

Tell me about it. I probably would have spent half of what it cost me for the built trans on a junk yard one, but then I could just as easily have it go at any time again. Figured I'd just do it right and be done with it. I'm also getting a trans cooler installed to boot. Vince (guy building the trans) said that that alone would be a big help. I'm was a little ahead on it money wise but all that just went down the toilet. I love the thing but GM should have done a better job with the trans.

Any way....bump for Jeff.

:D

• 1 month later...