Jan. 1st. 2012 Polar Ride

Pfloydgad

:) What the Hell, might as well get this out there before the snow starts flying.

Jan. 1st, 2012, yes a New Years Day Ride

Basic criteria:

Ice and Snow free roads, minimal to no salt or sand also. Safety First

Temps are subject to discussion near the ride time.

This an open ride, start times and meeting location TBD.

In the past, early afternoon (Noon to 1pm) has always been a good start time.

Ride time and distances are not long, as little as 75 miles to as much as 200, remember, it gets darker and colder as the day gets older.

I have done 10 polar rides in my yrs. of riding, great fun, memories, and stories for the spring and summer camp fires and meet-ups.

So mark your calender, if you have a 2012 yet, and lets get this thing going. :D

Ride safe all, and ATGATT please.

Greg

I'm going to the Gator Bowl, so If I ride, it will be in Florida, sorry.

Edited by Pfloydgad
Gatro Bowl bound

It is New Years Day, so New Years Eve needs to considered if your getting on the bike the first day of the year. :eek:

RSA, and ATGATT please.

Greg

No doubt. Of course that's one of the few times a year I actually enjoy drinking. Oh well, I've done several neanderthaw rides and those tend to be a lot colder and snowier.;)

Tomgoesdowninsnow.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I'm just sayin, it is just around the corner. I will do some details when we get within 2 weeks to "R" day. And of course, we will be looking at the weather report. So get your warm weather gear out of mothballs, and get those new farckles on the bike. :)

nd if you do get out, ride safe all, and please, ATGATT.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

WELL,

I got a call from my Dad, he is a Special Assistant Coach @ Ohio State.

And he needs me to help him drive down to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl, so I will be front and center at the Gator Bowl this yr.

I won't be ridin on the first day of the year here in Ohio.

Maybe I can rent a bike down in Florida and ride, which could work out considering the game is the 2nd. We will see.

Sorry for this info, I was really looking forward to riding if the weather was good enough, but somehow, I might still be rolling.

If you ride, be safe out there.

And Happy New Year.

Greg

Florida sound like a good idea this time of year Greg. Now does anyone still want to do this ride. I down as long as weather is good i.e. snow of course, sand & grit or crazy cold. Or could meet up with Polar Bear Ride in Columbus. Got two weeks, lets hear it.

• 2 weeks later...

What say we meet in Waynesville at McDonalds, sorry its the only place open. Between 8:30 & 9:00 A.M. then slab it on 71 to Grove City. Maybe hook up for a ride in Columbus area. We can back road it on the way home 40 to 42 is a nice ride. Looks like mid 40s for temps.

For those OR boys/girls who are in the SW part of the state, there's a New Year's Eve Day ride--better weather than Sunday--going out of the AA Shell in Wilder and heading to Falmouth, prolly via KY10 and KY22. Kickstands up @ 11 AM.

Here's the poop: http://www.localriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16750