I'm new to the Ohio Riders Website

heypal16

Hello,

I'm the new guy on this site. One of my friends told me about the site a few days ago and I thought I would check it out.

I ride a 2005 Burgman 650 Trike and love it. I live in Cincinnati Ohio and ride with some of the guys an girls from scootercincinnati.com yet I also ride with some Burgman people and on some charity rides. I love to ride on nice warm days yet with the fall temps riding might be only left for some warm days and their arn't many left.

I ride a 2005 Burgman 650 Trike and love it. I live in Cincinnati Ohio and ride with some of the guys an girls from scootercincinnati.com yet I also ride with some Burgman people and on some charity rides. I love to ride on nice warm days yet with the fall temps riding might be only left for some warm days and their arn't many left.

Nice to see a different bike! Welcome aboard!

I'm sure the OP is a nice person, and will make many valuable contributions to the site, but I can't be the only one who doesn't think trikes are ridden.

no leaning means it's driven.

I think it's posible to ride in a straight line without leaning... I think whether or not you straddle it determines if you ride or drive it :p

I used to agree. I scooter-bashed for a long time. Then I rode one. Super fun.

Trikes just don't do it for me though. Maybe it's just my NSHO, but if you can't counter-steer it, it's not a motorcycle...

And yes, I've ridden a trike. Almost the OP's exact model, actually. It was a bergman 650 with a trike conversion kit (big training wheels).

If I could ride a two wheeler I would. Yet I can't and will not with two bad knees. I love to ride and I love my bike, yet I want to buy a new Burgman with a Trinity Trike set. It may have training wheels but so what. It is fun to ride, and cars can see my bike a big plus on the crazy road today.

If I could ride a two wheeler I would. Yet I can't and will not with two bad knees. I love to ride and I love my bike, yet I want to buy a new Burgman with a Trinity Trike set. It may have training wheels but so what. It is fun to ride, and cars can see my bike a big plus on the crazy road today.

we have a member who rides a 650R with no feeling below his chest.

Tell him you can't ride a two wheeler!

I'm not trying to pick on anyone for their choice of vehicle; I just don't think you can "ride" anything with more than 2 wheels. You drive it. If you like driving a trike, then that's awesome. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Welcome (back?) to ORDN.

I guss you might be right. I have been on a bike before and you do ride an bike. A trike is like a car in several ways. Four wheels, it is wider so you need to watch curves, and where you are in the road, no lean at all, and one does just drive the bike. Yet the open air and freedom you get out of a trike or a bike is the real advantage. The adrenaline pumps as soon as the bike starts and you move down the road. When driving a car it is just ho hum but on a bike it is an experience every second.