11/2/11 military aircraft over cleveland?

redkow97

Trivisonno pointed it out on the radio, but now that I took some time to look up in the sky myself, there are many more vapor trails than normal today.

I would chalk this up to weather conditions, but on the 3 block walk from my car to class, I counted no less than 3 jet aircraft moving at very high rates of speed at high altitudes.

They were too high to see what type of aircraft they were, but the speed alone rules out commercial aircraft, and one made a high-speed turn that I don't think a commercial aircraft could pull off. Another did a steep climb that I also don't think a commercial aircraft would be able to do.

I called the wife and asked her to check if Obama was in town or something. Nothing.

It appears as though they're circling the city. Anyone else observe this, or have input as to what might be going on?

Could be a business jet some of those can haul ass. Cleveland is a busy airport and the airways above it get a ton of traffic. There is a good chance that the circles you were seeing we're just holding patterns while they waited for their turn to go.

like you know anything about planes :rolleyes:

go make me a sammich

My Smart-Ass alarm came on today around noon.

It signalled a scramble from Wright-Pat and Rickenbacker on multiple UFO sightinings near Kellys Island and Put-In-Bay. All moving E toward Cleveland and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

It was either that, or they were looking for some resemblance of a Pro Football team on the lake.

I'll keek you posted if the SA alarm goes off again. :eek:

Ride safe all, and please, ATGATT.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Trivisonno pointed it out on the radio, but now that I took some time to look up in the sky myself, there are many more vapor trails than normal today.

I would chalk this up to weather conditions, but on the 3 block walk from my car to class, I counted no less than 3 jet aircraft moving at very high rates of speed at high altitudes.

They were too high to see what type of aircraft they were, but the speed alone rules out commercial aircraft, and one made a high-speed turn that I don't think a commercial aircraft could pull off. Another did a steep climb that I also don't think a commercial aircraft would be able to do.

I called the wife and asked her to check if Obama was in town or something. Nothing.

It appears as though they're circling the city. Anyone else observe this, or have input as to what might be going on?

It was the Air force doing photo recon to make sure they develop a proper attack plan to to fix the mistake on the lake. :rolleyes: