father of the year....

Steve Butters

She posted this video after attempting to blackmail her dad because he finally cut off the financial assistance he was giving her and took back the Mercedes he was allowing her to drive. I think she taped it and resisted intentionally to use the video as blackmail, why else would she hold on to it for 7 years? Also she was illegally downloading copywritten material during a period of time when parents were paying upwards of $500,000 in fines for what their kids were stealing off the net. He did cross the line by whipping her out of anger and not for the sake of discipline, but when you hear the other side of the story she doesn't look like such an innocent victim. As for having cerebal palsy, that has yet to he proven.

There is a fine line between discipline and abuse. This was nowhere near that line. This shit head beat that child. I think what pisses me off almost more than the video is the fact that he is a judge that presides over child abuse cases. Assholes like this are the exact reason that I will never be able to work on our child abuse squad. I am positive that I would have beat the shit out of him after seeing a video like this and ended up being charged myself. Don't get me wrong, I spank my children as needed, but this was more than excessive.

The only thing preventing this douche bag from being charged is the statute of limitations. He is a disgrace to the criminal justice system and should be removed from the bench.

• Upvote 1

I agree the whipping was excessive but consider this: the girl was 16, well beyond the age of reason. She must have received similar punishment for similar offenses in the past, because she set up a camera to record the outcome she knew would result from her actions. My parents whipped me as a child but I had ccome to understand the whole cause and effect thing around age 8 and made the decision not to fuck up because I knew the result. It could be argued that this girl intentionally fucked ip to give her an opportunity to record the resulting punishment. That's pathological behavior.

And Wtf was up with turning off the lights during beating time?

Yeah I have had to spank my kiddos on a rare occasion or two, but that video was a bit much. My oldest has made me VERY angry before...you just have to be the bigger person and know when to walk away and calm down. As my Dad told me later in life.."the secret to keeping your kids in line is to make them think that you are just a little bit crazy...keep them guessing." lol Worked for me I guess.

I didn't watch the video but I'll accept the majority opinion that it was excessive.

The press release from the father is quite telling too.

If she was going to release the video then she should have done so before 7 years passed. If she only released it now to get back at her father for cutting her financial support (for dropping out of college) then all her credibility goes out of the window.

If she did this to hurt him for the loss of financial supprt then... I hope she isn't expecting his financial support to resume after she gets him fired.

It's a totally f'ed up situation and it appears they deserve each other.

No doubt she's fucked up mentally...consider her upbringing...

To have the thoughts to record the incident, that incident was not the first time...and probably not the last.

I don't agree with her alleged reasoning behind releasing the tape, but that doesn't excuse the fact the she was beat(most likely numerous times) by both her mom and dad.

The whole situation is sad.

Both parents are fucking scum...and that poor girl(woman now) will probably be mentally fucked up her whole life.

I don't blame the daughter one bit...

I've been there and done that. Didn't get the t-shirt though, got jipped.

The step-dad used to like to fly the leather and resented me big time.

I was presented with a chioce at age 9, chose to live with my dad and life was good.

That said, if he ever wailed on me like that, I would have grown up, tortured him to death and be known as the sickest MF on death row.