I hate veteran's day...

Moto-Brian

There should not be just one "day" for veterans. Instead of today taking the time to thank a vet, if you see a vet on ANY day, thank them. No offense to breast awareness and black history, but they get months where there is remembrance and recognition. Vets should AT MINIMUM, have a Veteran's Month.

Thank you on on this recognized day that serve us and allow us to do what we do and have the freedoms we have here in the US. As a racer, father and one that enjoys what he is allowed to do, it wouldn't be possible w/o the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform.

I thank you all. But, you deserve more than a freakin day...

• Upvote 1

There should not be just one "day" for veterans. Instead of today taking the time to thank a vet, if you see a vet on ANY day, thank them. No offense to breast awareness and black history, but they get months where there is remembrance and recognition. Vets should AT MINIMUM, have a Veteran's Month.

Thank you on on this recognized day that serve us and allow us to do what we do and have the freedoms we have here in the US. As a racer, father and one that enjoys what he is allowed to do, it wouldn't be possible w/o the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform.

I thank you all. But, you deserve more than a freakin day...

Not where I thought this thread was going...lol.

Agreed.

Jesus is recognized every weekend for those that participate in the typical Sunday ritual.

You're statement is stricken. :D

So, you have the opportunity to recognize veterans every day if you'd like.

You're statement is now stricken, and mine back on the public record. :D

Good point.

i had someone tell me, Happy vetrans day... I stood there and stared at them? puzzled? stated: no offense but what the fuck is happy about?

I guess the word Happy on that day just triggers something.

Never really thought of it that way.

What would be the proper "greeting"? I guess "thank you for your service, I appreciate it" is good any day of the year, but how would one emphasize this specific day?

Most service members(or former), like myself, prefer a simple "Thanks".

Feel free to buy the first beer too! ;)

I am like red. Just say thank-you for your time.

(This is what my dad said one day. veitnam vet. There is no words to describe what happened and there is no words that can be said that takes the pain away, from seeing your friends or what was left of them blown to bits and left behind. People just dont understand - and you want to know why? Because they were not there. They did not see it. They did not taste it. They did not smell it. It cannot be recreated. It's just one of those things).

that being said. My dad is one of those. He would prefer that no one said anything. Sometimes I would love to know what he saw when he was there and then other times I am kind of glad that warfare has changed and most of us will never see or experience what he did. Some of the shit head playstation and Xbox kids now adays, that rarely see the light of day, just could not handle it.

Good point.

i had someone tell me, Happy vetrans day... I stood there and stared at them? puzzled? stated: no offense but what the fuck is happy about?

I guess the word Happy on that day just triggers something.

I hope this was a friend and not a stranger. No need to jump down a civvies throat when they had good intentions. Doing so just gives a bad perception of veterans.