Thanks!

8mmDale

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't for teasing, those are sample firearms! You can build the same gun really, you just can't get the 3rd hole in the receiver!

Since you guys cleaned my wall o guns out this passed weekend. Its so bare I have to load up with my own guns til I get some new ones ordered.

Got a few replacement guns on the way now, one of which finally became available again. Its a savage bolt action .22 with a factory threaded barrel. Always out of stock, finally got one. Should be a nice host for the YHM Mite can I have coming if the form 3 ever clears.

They aren't for teasing, those are sample firearms! You can build the same gun really, you just can't get the 3rd hole in the receiver!

Since you guys cleaned my wall o guns out this passed weekend. Its so bare I have to load up with my own guns til I get some new ones ordered.

Got a few replacement guns on the way now, one of which finally became available again. Its a savage bolt action .22 with a factory threaded barrel. Always out of stock, finally got one. Should be a nice host for the YHM Mite can I have coming if the form 3 ever clears.

I've got to get my Savage bolt action threaded for when I get the cash for a .22 suppressor.

We need to get some more of you interested in the long range stuff.. Thats where the real fun begins!!!!

I would love to shoot some long range with you guys. I can hit a pie plate at 300yrds with my 30-06 but have no idea where to start with wind adjustments and so on past that. :(

I shot out to 600 in the field behind my house last weekend. Even in the 25mph winds, I got first round hits out to 600 (Granted the winds were not 90degrees to the angle of shot). I didnt shoot any futher than that since I was using my truck bed as my shooting platform and the wind was blowing my truck so bad that I couldnt stay on target.

WOW 600yrds is a poke, what set up are you using? Should i assume 308 caliber?

600 yards is the warmup. We routinely shoot out to 1000+ in matches and the occasional 1 mile shoot.

Ask walthergsp. At matches we usually start theday with a 600 yard coldbore shot from the benches. Unfortunately, smacking the 600 coldbore doesnt mean you will have a good day as I haev started the day off great and then screwed the pooch on stupid mistakes. My best shot IMO ever was hitting the 1165 yard target in 25mph winds and rain on the second shot. WaltherGSP was there when I did it and cursed like mad at me. :)

There are a ton of calibers that people use. everything from .243 up to .30 and .338 wildcat cartridges.

Its a ton of fun!

Edited by flounder

600 yards is the warmup. We routinely shoot out to 1000+ in matches and the occasional 1 mile shoot.

Ask walthergsp. At matches we usually start theday with a 600 yard coldbore shot from the benches. Unfortunately, smacking the 600 coldbore doesnt mean you will have a good day as I haev started the day off great and then screwed the pooch on stupid mistakes. My best shot IMO ever was hitting the 1165 yard target in 25mph winds and rain on the second shot. WaltherGSP was there when I did it and cursed like mad at me. :)

There are a ton of calibers that people use. everything from .243 up to .30 and .338 wildcat cartridges.

Its a ton of fun!

Where do you shoot at?

Where do you shoot at?

For events, Thunder Valley in Kimbolton Ohio. Best range you will ever find within 10 hours for long range shooting.

Now that Ive moved, Ive been lucky enough to have permission to shoot in the field behind the house after the crops are down. I can get out to about 1500-1700 without too much problem. :)