Pot Holes and Other Road Hazards, Post Them Here!!!!!

Casper

getting onto 71N from edwards... Don't follow to close cause you need to see all the 4in deep craters everywhere. I blasted through about 4. People are too stupid to realize you need to pick up speed on the ramp, not wait till you get on. Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that the speed limit changed on Hamilton Road, between the airport and the freeway/Gahanna. It's 35 now, it used to be 45? People did 50-55 there. I haven't seen speed traps or patrols yet. That's part of Gahanna.

The wet streets right now are very treacherous. Going to work one morning this week, I found several spots where it was slick as snot because it was wet and oily. Both wheels were squirming around. You can't hit gas or brakes when it's like that, you have to wait till traction comes back. It's mostly down the center of the lanes. So stay in the wheel track left or right.

Roberts rd just east of rome-hilliard is still construction for some reason with about 15 elevated sewer drains over about 1/4 of a mile. The pattern of them makes you want to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid them. I wouldn't recommend that either...

Well did you guys notice that some of the white stop bars are wider than they used to be?There are soo many black rubber marks on these things..they are slicker than snot on a door knob.I was on Galbraith east bound at Cheviot,in the rain, stopped at the light,slight up hill and tried to take off real easy but I hit the white line and still slid sideways a bit..scared the crap right out of me..but I see a lot of rubber on these stop bars now..musta changed the paint.

• 2 weeks later...

dude u totally hate ur bike if u ride in toledo... i usually ride in pburg and oregon mostly... rossford is ok but ur not in rossford for very long since its about as big as my apt... lol... holland is good for riding! sylvania too... i like taking reynolds (from maumee) all the way to central then left on central and thats usually a fun ride but i enjoy city riding more than highway riding but then again our highways r a straight line so thats probably y they r so boring.

I was riding down rt. 174 ( Chagrin River Road) on sunday and saw a lot of paint on the road in through Hunting Vally and Moreland Hills. Hopefully they will do some paving and not just patching. Otherwise the road is pretty clean from Willoughby to Bentlyville. Some small pot holes but nothing to bad.

There's only one thing worse than Toledo roads and that is Michigan roads. Even major highways like 75 are torn up. I've found that if you look at it as a game of "dodge the pothole" it makes it more fun. Don't worry though guys, Mayor Carty has got our back with his "Pothole Possy"

Like what was said before, watch out for 75 north and south between Glendale Milford and Mitchell, travel that road almost daily, huge holes all over the place but watch out for the lane lines, there are narrow holes there that will swallow a front tire.

Keep it on two wheels!

Like what was said before, watch out for 75 north and south between Glendale Milford and Mitchell, travel that road almost daily, huge holes all over the place but watch out for the lane lines, there are narrow holes there that will swallow a front tire.

Keep it on two wheels!

+1 to that there like craters, nasty road...

Also leaving the movie theater on Olentangy River, if you come straight out from the theatre there is like a freaking gap that a smart car would fit in easily, so be cautious. Bottomed suspension out, hopefully won't wake up with a front flat tomorrow(knock on wood).

the hole westside on the hilltop on broad

Fuck that, have you crossed Broad on Hague in the Hilltop? For the last few months they have taken their sweet fucking time digging that shit up and it as been ragged, steel plated, running water on the road surface goodness ever since they started. Fucking useless unionized communist city workers are worse than ODOT. I hope they all die tragically.

What the heck? Great gobs of sand on half the corners between home and work and back. East side to downtown on Broad Street and back on freeway or 5th Ave at night. Still waiting for streets to clean up. Long wait.

Fuck that' date=' have you crossed Broad on Hague in the Hilltop? For the last few months they have taken their sweet fucking time digging that shit up and it as been ragged, steel plated, running water on the road surface goodness ever since they started. Fucking useless unionized communist city workers are worse than ODOT. I hope they all die tragically.[/quote']

i live right there and my bike is in the dirty yes it sucks

• Casper unpinned this topic