Pot Holes and Other Road Hazards, Post Them Here!!!!!

Casper

really bad tar snakes on state road, south of snow rd. thick squirmy motherfuckers

these go pretty much as far south as rt 82....usually end up taking this way over to my Dad's place from where I live

Route 23 just south of Delaware, near the Delaware Career Center/vocational school, they are repaving portions of road both north and south bound and have dug up sections. There are very bad drop offs and uneven pavement. Be careful.

There is going to be some patch work done on Chagrin River rd between Berkshire rd. and Roberts from 6-7-10 thru 6-18-10 or so the big signs say. It was also flooded out the other day.

img_04682.jpg

img_04652.jpg

I was out last night with the oldest boy and many of the roads up this way are very dirty from the rain. Be careful out there!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those that like to go up route 203 out of Delaware, they are preparing to chip seal it in the next few days.

I HATE CHIP SEAL:mad::bigfinger:

Hopefully they will pave over it like they did on Africa road from Big Walnut south to Galena road.

• 1 month later...

SR715 (Mohawk Dam) the chip and seal has packed down in the cager wheel spots, but the gravel is still loose in the center section. SR93 south from Baltic to SR36 has terrible ruts (some sort of patchwork that left the ridge/gully) that grabs yer front tire and show ya a good time! SR93 north from Baltic is all new pavement!

I didn't know they chip and sealed 751... did they take care if the deer problem?

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of the chip and seal there, but the deer problem seemed to be fixed when we went through there on Labor Day. I think you just picked the wrong day to go through there, FTL. :(

Now, I hope you get a bike for next year, so that I have to quit reminding you that you don't have one! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Southeast ohio is a fookin' gravel pit (esp 536). Even when there has been no rain to wash out the gravel there has to be some asshole that spins out going up a gravel road to completely cover the road with gravel just around a blind left hander. I should be more careful, right. Busted ribs still hurt.

• 3 months later...

I've been wanting to start a movement called Operation Road Sweep. The concept is that if you ride you should keep the intersections clean of major build up of loose gravel. I'd even like to get some yard signs and send out to people that requested them to put at the intersections after they swept. Any ideas or comments?

plainly stated if the riding starts shortly.

If you find yourself riding south out of zanesville on state route 60.

Take the detour to Old River road and travel it to philo. Cross from philo to duncan falls and then the rest of the state route 60 is pretty good. The section from duncan falls to zanesville and vice versa is horrible.

bumps is the road from where they bored the state route too shallow. cracks opening up and there are misc. potholes scattered in both directions thanks to the plows hitting the patches.

• 3 weeks later...

S. Main street in Akron going south is a disaster from Wilbeth rd to Waterloo. Much of the pavement is ground off, some of it is brick, lots of potholes going across both lanes of traffic. Really tough to ride on, but its so obvious it shouldn't surprise anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

40.791291 -81.39476

Canton, eastbound 11th SW near Deuber intersection. Mortally wounded my left front tire and seriously injured the rim. Good news: they were my winter wheels/tires. Bad news: the summer units are pretty marginal treadwise so I got to shell out $600 for tires I wasn't planning on buyng until June. This fuckin winter ain't gonna end soon enough to suit me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In Cincinnati: 275 East to 71 North ramp just across the first bridge of the interchange, there are two potholes. They are both in the left wheel track, the first is several inches deep, and runs lengthwise in the lane, shaped just right to swallow and grab a motorcycle tire. The second one cuts across the left tire lane, just as deep, but only a couple of inches wide. If you have to hit one or the other, pick the second one. Best bet though is to stay on the right side of the 71 North exit lane.

**** Edit *****

These have been fixed, but I'm not sure the repair is much better than the holes were.

Edited by Ziggy

• 4 weeks later...
The city of Cleveland is about to become one big chuckhole.

This is the truth. There's not much point noting potholes or bad sections of road here and there. It's all beaten down badly.

Surface streets on the eastside are eligible for special mention, however. It's as if people are making do in some future world without road services. Foot-deep potholes, cracks with vegetation growing in them, etc., are commonplace. South of St. Clair, east of E55: anywhere in there is like visiting another country.

• Casper unpinned this topic