Harley vs Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade

ohiomike

Ummm, yeah....interesting video. What yer lookin' at there is a MAJOR FAIL on the part of the CBR rider in terms of launch technique and riding ability. No way a 430# 160 HP sport bike gets beaten by a 700# raked-out, ape-hangered H-D, whether the motor has been reworked or not. I'm not sayin' this in way to disparage Harley, since I've owned several of them down thru the years and admit they have a valid place in the two-wheel culture. Just an example of how experience can trump physics on occasion....:rolleyes:

Oh I bet they got above 60 mph.....but not by much.

The CBR rider was an experienced racer, but we all know the Honda could never get any traction for a decent hole shot. Plus the beard heated his tires up good which probably helped his launch time.

And the beard. I kept expecting to see some critter come poking its head up at any minute....lol

how do you know the guy on the honda is an experienced racer? he wasnt launching that thing very aggressively at all!

and i seriously doubt they got above 60 unless theres something different at the end...i only watched the first two passes...cbr 0-60 time is about 3 seconds give or take, ill go rewatch, but i dont think the races lasted longer than 3 seconds

**edit...exactly 3 seconds lol...they might not have even hit 60 :lol:

Edited by Steve Butters

I'll give it to the cruiser guy - he is launching way better.

The Honda rider deserves no defense. As for the bike itself, I suppose I'd launch a bit more cautiously than the cruiser guy knowing that my bike can easily loop if i'm not careful.

The cruiser rider may also just be going WOT and dumping the clutch. Sometimes easier to launch/ride is more important than potential for performance.

But if that's a liter bike, there is no excuse for him not to be pulling the front wheel off the ground shortly after launch.