roll out garage floor covering, anyone use?

Hoblick

the kickstand could only sink less than the thickness of the mat....so even if it did sink, you would be fine...if you noticed it being a problem just toss a kickstand pad under it...i would think the mats are pretty sturdy since theyre made for that stuff...you can park cars and tool boxes etc on them, so i would think a bike should be no problem

its a cool concept, never used the stuff myself...but i like the idea of it, keep your actual floor protected and clean...the elements will do some work on a concrete floor

Wow, that's a horrible website! That stuff is pretty thin, I don't think it would interfere with stands. As tbut says, maybe use a kickstand puck. You could always cut a corner of it off to test out how it handles the kickstand out in the driveway, or something.

I just painted my garage floor with the rust-o-leum epoxy stuff a month back. I love it. Looks clean and its been holding up fairly well.

I would hate to deal with seams and liquid spills along them. My concern would be a kickstand tearing up the surface since that force is more of a point force than a distrubuted load like a car tire.

I just painted my garage floor with the rust-o-leum epoxy stuff a month back. I love it. Looks clean and its been holding up fairly well.

this was / may still be the plan

i just want to make sure it will hold up.

i know prep is key for floor coatings so im prepared to do a very intensive prep job.

but i just dont want it coming up and then the floor will look 100 times worse.

i very rarely have the cars in the garage, if i do its for oil changes and tire rotations, or to detail them.

but i do work on the bike in there and i do tend to drop tools, and spill chemicals on the floor frequently.

so im hoping if i do go that route, that it holds up well

As long as you keep changing tires.......I could care less what the fuck you do!;)

lol that for sure wont change.

but youll enjoy the 32" LED tv with HD TV that you can watch, while sitting at the bar in my garage.. while you wait for them to be done :D

I would hate to deal with seams and liquid spills along them. My concern would be a kickstand tearing up the surface since that force is more of a point force than a distrubuted load like a car tire.

I did that 10 years ago. looks like crap now. And I'll have to scrape up all the paint to redo. 1000 sq ft.

Careful! When it gets wet like in the winter, that stuff gets slicker than the stuff that drips out of G3's bacon lube bottle.

From down towards the bottom of the page, I added the bold;

NOTE: Leaving chemicals on the product for a long period of time may cause damage. If concrete floor has been treated with certain sealers prior to mat installation, sealer may break down over time and adhere to back of mat without causing damage to mat. Some motorcycle kickstands may cut or damage this product.

I painted my floor 2 years ago and will have to do it again next year. It doesnt hold up against jacks, jack stands, and car tires sitting on them. all of these things peel it right up. And before i get all the remarks i DID follow the instructions to a T

I painted my floor 2 years ago and will have to do it again next year. It doesnt hold up against jacks, jack stands, and car tires sitting on them. all of these things peel it right up. And before i get all the remarks i DID follow the instructions to a T

i think a lot of cheap commercial paint products are actually designed not to last :lol: makes you forced to purchase more in a few years...like rattle can bed liner

Ive got the concrete coatings covered ill PM you the address as I dont think Im allowed to throw it on here as its my company. but we do the Polyaspartic coatings, 3x the durability of epoxy flooring with almost any color combination you can imagine. we only use the best product and its completely water proof. I also like to do a coping along the edge so that if you wanted to wash your bike or car in the winter there is no chance of it getting down into the concrete. I would also suggest Nature Stone as its not much more expensive but looks absolutely amazing when finished and has a higher strength rating than concrete and a better R value than carpet.

EDIT. forgot I put the web site in my signature.