OK, it's for sale... F350 Powerstroke Dually...

Moto-Brian

OK, I am just going to put it up for sale and then take the money to get a cargo van.

The specs are below, but it is a 1999.5 F350 XLT Ford. Yes, there was a big difference between the 99 and 99.5. 99.5s really are considered 2000 models as they are the same, but the title states 99...

Specs:

-7.3 Powerstroke. Best diesel to date for Ford!

-172k miles

-4x4

-8' bed

-Custom paint by TAOD Designs. These are NOT decals. This is 100% paint. Not a square inch has not been painted. From the pearl white to the graphics.

-Tow package

-Off Road package

-Crew Cab (4 doors)

-Auto

-5" exhaust turbo back exhaust

-Upgraded turbo with a larger turbo and high performance impeller.

-Silicone hoses on intercooler system

-3 position performance chip installed by Purrformance Diesel. Custom mapping and IS NOT A PROGRAMMER! Programmers are not the best choice and do not deliver the most efficient power. Settings are 40hp, 80hp, and 150hp.

-Gauge pod on A-Pillar

-Cloth interior

-KMC Rockstar matte black wheels with BF Goodrich tires. Tires need replaced. They are OK, but need replaced.

-Updated tow mirrors that slide in and out from 2004 F350.

-Updated headlights with clear lenses and clear turns from 2004 F350.

-New Carrier Bearing, U-Joints were inspected and given an A+ at time of carrier bearing replacement.

-Crankcase breather mod. Does make the truck smell a bit as the hose is ran down under the cab. However, if it were ran all the way back along the chassis, it can get clogged with ice or snow and cause issues.

-New fuel lines in engine bay area.

-New brake lines running under chassis.

Basically, this has been a great truck. I'm just wanting a cargo van as we do a lot of off road events and hauling in an open bed kinda sucks and when overnight, I would like it to be in a van vs open bed. Outside those things, it is an amazing truck and I like it a lot and hate to sell.

Power is strong and the truck has had little use really since 99. Add it up and it has had less than 14k a year put on it. My last F250 diesel had WAY more miles and is still running around today.

This is the 7.3 Powerstroke and not the sketchy and undependable 6.0 or the fuel guzzling 6.4. Most Ford guys look for a 7.3 vs the others and these are holding value due to that.

There are typical things that are going on with the truck that are considered "cons", I guess... Light rusting under the inside base of the front doors. This is typical of these trucks. Not terrible... There is also a fair amount of rust under the inside trim under the tailgate. Again, typical and usual.

The truck does have a few stains in the fabric inside. Racing, kids, etc. Typical stuff. No holes, no rips, not serious stains at all.

Small scratches and dings. The truck is over 12 years old so, you have to assume it has a few dings here and there...

I am asking $11k.

Pics:

ssideq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

f350front.jpg

f350rear.jpg

frontis.jpg

graphicsvw.jpg

wheelsy.jpg

milesy.jpg

I'm interested. When can I look at it?

I am traveling for work Tuesday through Thursday. I will be driving to Erie PA with the truck and down to Pittsburg and central PA. Then on my way back through CBus. So, through mansfield up through NE Ohio to Erie and then from the OH/WV boarder on I70 to CBus and back up towards Mansfield.

If you are along those routes, we can hook up. Can't promise it'll be super clean, but we can run it through a wash if need be...

Or, I will be around all next weekend.

All tentative as I may trade on a cargo van if I like the one I found in PA...

It'll get maybe 600 miles on it this week...

Buy my van haha ready to haul!

I got it in the back of my mind, but am probably going V10 or diesel. My buddy has some stuff for me that will only be for an E-series van so, it'll be one, but I haven't given up on your van. It's super clean and you apparently take good care of it.

I'll keep ya posted as I am looking at a V10 this week...

dont buy a v10!!!!

total crap, and goodluck affording gas for the thing....it would be cheaper to rent a uhaul and drive it on race weekends

Fuel consumption isn't an issue for me. I don't care, really as the dually was getting 13-15 highway... V10s are getting about the same highway due to having a better gear ratio. The dually had 4.10s in it...

As for dependability, you are about the only guy I have ever heard say anything bad. I've heard a LOT of bad about the 6.0 diesel and thus, why I am not looking at one. I would buy another 7.3 if I could find one that isn't miled out and rusted to hell and back...

Fuel consumption isn't an issue for me. I don't care, really as the dually was getting 13-15 highway... V10s are getting about the same highway due to having a better gear ratio. The dually had 4.10s in it...

As for dependability, you are about the only guy I have ever heard say anything bad. I've heard a LOT of bad about the 6.0 diesel and thus, why I am not looking at one. I would buy another 7.3 if I could find one that isn't miled out and rusted to hell and back...

find a 7.3 and call it a day, unless you find a super low mileage v10...i wouldnt ever own one though

find a 7.3 and call it a day, unless you find a super low mileage v10...i wouldnt ever own one though

Do share, though. Like I said, you're the only one outside fuel mileage. I'd really like to know if there is some issues that people aren't telling me about.

I'd LOOOOOVE to find a 7.3. It's just damn near impossible, man. But, I will keep looking. I just found a V10 with 100k for $4500!! It's a passenger without rear seats and the dealer can't sell it. I want to remove the seats anyways!!

So, if it is what I want, I probably will get that. The plan is to lift it, exhaust, tint, bigger wheels and tires and probably go front brush guard and roof rack with aux lights, etc.

Think pre-runner...:D

its a 2v mod motor.... they are complete crap.

spark plugs blow out for no reason requiring retapping threads into the head

exceptionally weak timing components - its a huge job replacing tensioner/arms/guides on one

head gaskets are not very stout

most issues resolved by 2005 with the 3v head design

google "ford mod motor problem" and you will see a ton of hits for timing components and spark plug blowouts...ive owned 2 of these motors and hated both of them

Edited by Steve Butters

I own a 05 6.0, pretty modded, but lost 5 of the 8 injectors at 98K, and deleted the EGR valve because it was shot. Other than that, I tow my 28ft TT, 12 enclosed, and haul random stuff in the bed, no issues as of yet.

BUT if the injectors weren't covered under warranty, FML, 300+ a pop plus labor.

couldnt give me a 6.0 ....i couldnt afford to keep it running....not sure wtf ford was thinking when they made that pile...the 6.4 isnt much better...hopefully they got it together with the 6.7 theyre using now

for gas motors - in 2005 they improved a little bit, but 96-03 (04 in some models) was a disaster period for them in terms of reliability

and for the record - im not hating on ford, im a ford fanatic, its all i will ever own...im just being realistic and pointing out the problems they have

if youre getting a good enough deal, and you like the vehicle and understand you may run into some issues with it down the road - then more power to you

i wouldnt own any mod motor ford pre-05 (except for an 03/04 cobra - which is a different animal all together - or a lincoln navigator - for the same reason as the cobra, different head design, not that im ghetto enough to even be seen in a navigator)

ive owned a 4.6 and a 5.4 - essentially the same motor - and a shared design with the v10, minus 2 cylinders....the motors all share the same common problems, and that would be a major deterrence for me.....plus, i would hate to buy a vehicle that wont last past 300k (rarely a mod motor will...but lets be realistic)

Edited by Steve Butters

and dont get me wrong....i loved my mod motor fords!!!

but my mustang left me stranded more often than my 1990 isuzu amigo, and i sold the harley truck to carmax for 4-5k under book because it needed the heads pulled and i didnt want to mess with it

0808091325.jpg

Fognowords.jpg

now i drive a 7.3 and will never go back (until i pick up my 04 cobra ....its on my eventual list lol)

Yep, had the injectors not been replaced free, I would've been toast. Now she runs like a champ, especially all tuned up in the warmer months.

Back on topic, bump for a nice truck!

bump for a sold truck? knucklehead!

I mean that in the most rib jabbing, buddy smack talking way...:D