New Hobbies?

jessecwalters

So, Im looking for some new hobbies, that are inexpensive and in the cbus area. Im looking for things to get me out of the house and make new friends. The only thing i really do is work, 3rd shift, with people twice my age. so I dont have the opportunity to make friends at work. I feel quite ghey posting this, but hey, Ive got nothing to lose.

Also, if anyone was interested in learning some Ju-Jitsu, i was thinking about going to some classes by my house and trying that out.

And yes, Im am aware :eharmony:

Steel-tip darts, $15 or so for a set that'll get you started, and around $40 for a board.

Winter in-house league starts in January at Zuey's Roundback Bar, at High St. and Morse Rd., behind the Tee-Jaye's. Fun, competitive, all abilities welcome from "can barely hit the board" to "doesn't miss shit".

Show up, watch, if you don't want to commit to a team at first you could be a sub, some team always needs one.

Thursdays at 8pm. At least it gives you something to do while drinking beers.

I'd say a third of the people in the league have a bike.

If you want something physical and skill-building check out Ohio Krav Maga and fitness:

http://ohiokravmaga.com/

More of a gym than a dojo, and somewhat of a community of like-minded folks that enjoy beating on each other. Beyond fighting, there is crossfit, cardio MMA, boxing, BJJ ...A lot of pushing each other to get better. Much more fun and social than when I used to train in more traditional martial arts...

Slot cars my man. Last Christmas I bought my son a set. I freaking love it. My basement has a huge 1/32 scale set up. It's not what it used to be. Cars are programmed to controller and not lane so you can make passes. We have 8 cars on the track at once. 6 human and 2 computer. The wife even likes it.

When I lived in Indy I was in the exact same situation. As a displaced Browns and Buckeyes fan, I was fortunate to find both the Browns Backers Club and the OSU Alumni Club. The Alumni club was great, I wasn't an OSU Alumni but they welcomed me with open arms.

If you wanna play sports and make some friends then try using SportsMonster.net. I played in a couple of their leagues here in CLE when I didn't have enough people to bring me own team to a league

Well if you want to get in on the man love around here I would say buy a gun. Dogs are always a good choice. Since you work 3rd shift the thing will be asleep the entire time you are gone.

Not necessarily. I have a buddy who I have been working 3rds with. His dog is on his schedule and it drives his wife insane because the dog is up all night barking and wanting to play.