New Hobbies?

jessecwalters

We had a lunchtime work hockey team. Our work is very close to an ice rink. The first 6 weeks was how to learn to skate, then the basic of skating and passing. I learned I was not to good on ice, so I did not make past week 3. so far, the dart team idea sounds good, if you can get your games in before work. Not to expensive to start out.

It is tough working 3rd shift and trying to have a social life. Add kids into the situation, plus going back to college part time and forget about it...lol. Seriously though, my wife looked at me the other day and said "why do you even have your motorcycle anymore...you never get to ride it??" I was pissed for a second until I realized she had a point. The last times I did have time to ride I got the 'look' from the wifey everytime I started out the door with my helmet. Apparently running out the door on the few nights we are both off because I don't have to watch the kid since she is home is frowned upon...who would have thought?? lol Good luck with the hobby thing. I took up playing video games since it is something I can do while still being home with the kiddo, plus my daughter loves to play kids games as well. The gym idea is great as well...I NEED to do that in a big way.

One plus is i dont have kids. I do video games already, but I dont meet people, and im not active doing that. So far the best thing I have got is the martial arts thing.

And I'm pretty socially awkward. Ive been to a few QS&L nights with OR, and a few other OR events, but i dont end up talking to anyone, or not for long anyways. I suck at conversing =(