Let's talk electric face shavers..

madcat6183

i only use a cheapo beard trimmer (just destroys facial hair without remorse down to a very low stubble) and then some non-descript blade (fusion, etc) to cut it close if it's something "fancy".

I really need to get one of those.

Me too. I really hate shaving. Especially when its cold.

The only thing i shave now is my mexi-stache. Just let the other stuff grow in all its thin stubbly glory. It wouldn't look so shitty if i trimmed it. Razors are too expensive... I'm jealous of my buddies that had more facial hair than i do now when they were in 8th grade, and got to quit shaving by 10th grade. Then again, one of them has a receding hairline at 23.....

I started out with a razor and went to 'lectic. My face didn't like it at first but you have to keep using it. Eventually everything got better but I was tired of having to use it every single day and packing it up for trips was a hassle. So I went back to a razor because it's the only thing that will give me a close enough shave to not have to do it every single day. I've been using a Fusion since that time and don't have any real complaints other than what you guys mentioned about the blade prices and dulling quick. Once I run out of blades for the Fusion I'm switching to the Quattro. 1) because the blades are cheaper and 2) my wife is a coupon freak. She has gotten me a drawer full of new ones so that when the blade gets dull I can just toss it and open a new one. I think she only paid maybe $30 or so for 6-8 new complete ones and she scored some refills for cheap also. For me a blade will last a month and the new complete ones usually come with one refill, so I have enough for a whole year for the cost of a 8 pack refill of blades alone.

If you're serious about "the shave", then do some googling and there are some good sites dedicated to shaving. Straight edge, double edge, you name it. I found a few good tips from lurking around on them.

Yeah, I read reviews yesterday for about 2 hrs and decided to pick up a Norelco Sensotouch 2D. The 3d was 130.00 more, and I ain't that worried about the extra movement on the heads. I did get the one without the cleaning station as I read that you can actually make your own solution and do it about one a month and should be good. IF I was baller I would def. have sprung for Caspers Braun or something similar, but dang, I had no idea they were that much.

Used it today for the first time, def. missed some areas on the neck, BUT I also contribute that to the need for 2-3 weeks transition and also learning the shaver. I always had Foils, but this is a Wet/Dry rotary and I like it a ton better already.

I use Fusion shave gel, but once I run out of htat I am going to the ghetto cream, I don't think it will make much difference. Turned out I had 20% off and then there was a 30.00 rebate too, so I didn't pay too much. I will keep the fusion blades I have for things like weddings, etc but figure this thing holds a charge for 5 days or 50mins, so races etc I ll just toss it in the bad and take it with.

The Norelco was my other choice

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_product_detail.jsp?tcin=12852548&keywords=Norelco%20razor

Went with the Braun to try something different. (never used foil shavers) and because I figured if it's more expensive it should be better, right?:)

Definately didnt do a good job on my neck. Cheek was great. Hope it gets better after the "break in" period.

http://www.thebestelectricshavers.com/braun-series-3350cc-shaver-system-dark-blue-review/

NoBama 2012

i'm on the electric hater list. i used a remington foil for years, then a rotary one with the lotion....what a pita and it looked like a bodily fluid that i would rather not have on my face. i got razor burn from the electrics worse than with a razor for trying to get a closer shave and the heat generated by the blades. i switched to a mach 3 and now my face is as smooth as a spanked babys ass. i'll use a blade way past the point of the little strips falling off (i'm not that big of a pussy as to need all that). and +1 on the blades getting dirty, not dull; hair is softer than Ti/steel.

also, i've always wanted to use a straight razor, that would be kind of pimp. :cool: