another epic gixxer.com thread

mrmako777

Since this sort of post shows up all the time on that site... Really? They haven't figured out that gixxers are squid bikes? :lol:

The guy you quoted is a regular on the WERA board, and unless I'm mistaken, also an STT coach.

I'm shocked to see he has 93,000 posts on that site. I don't always agree with "Moto_Joe" but he is definitely a competent rider, and not the stereotypical GSX-R squid.

my favorite comment on there:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Losymis viewpost.gif

So now I have 4 out of 5 mounts.

4 out of 5... So those sissy worrying engineers at Suzuki over-did it with 5 reinforced, CAST engine mounts.

It's not like there have ever been any strength / cracking issues with INTACT / UNCOMPROMISED gsx-r frames before.

You're gonna try opening-up the throttle, or you'll be at speed, hit a bump and your frame will start opening-up on one side at first. You'll instinctively hit the front brake* and you'll be on the back half of a gsx-r

my favorite comment on there:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Losymis viewpost.gif

So now I have 4 out of 5 mounts.

4 out of 5... So those sissy worrying engineers at Suzuki over-did it with 5 reinforced, CAST engine mounts.

It's not like there have ever been any strength / cracking issues with INTACT / UNCOMPROMISED gsx-r frames before.

You're gonna try opening-up the throttle, or you'll be at speed, hit a bump and your frame will start opening-up on one side at first. You'll instinctively hit the front brake* and you'll be on the back half of a gsx-r

shhhhhh! don't tell me how it ends, I want to watch the whole train wreck!