Central Ohio Couple Upset After Officer Draws Gun On Teen

Casper

A 16 year old kid, from behind, wearing a ski mask apparently could look like your average bad guy. Hell, i'm sure there are plenty of 16 year old kids running around with real guns.

Good job on the cop. It's not like he shot the kid... Whiny mom needs to get over it.

And i'm not one to take the side of the police most of the time.

A 16 year old kid, from behind, wearing a ski mask apparently could look like your average bad guy. Hell, i'm sure there are plenty of 16 year old kids running around with real guns.

Good job on the cop. It's not like he shot the kid... Whiny mom needs to get over it.

And i'm not one to take the side of the police most of the time.

agreed!

"the officer was responding to a report of a possible burglary and shots fired in the area"

i pull my gun too

Scaring the shit out of the kid just might scare him straight and keep him out of trouble in the future! The comments on the article were pretty good, minus one by some :asshat: with a pic of riding a motorcycle on there... :rolleyes:

My favorite was this one

"If this were my child, I'd be upset that I raised a dumb kid, not that the police did their job."

• Upvote 1

I'm not a big fan of toy guns for this reason. I'm pretty sure our boys will be firing my 10/22 (well supervised of course) before they get BB guns. IF they ever get BB guns.

Thinking (aloud) about it, a 10/22 is something they can keep throughout their lives, and still get some use out of, and .22lr ammo is cheap. I think in the long run, that would be the best way to go.

I'm not a big fan of toy guns for this reason.

This is mine from when I was a kid. Auto squirt gun, magazine fills with water, 4 AAs go in the grip. Bought at the local drug store for less than $10. One kid on the street got one, then we all had to have them. We ran around for hours shooting each other that day. You were safe when you were refilling at the hose. Copyright 1985, pre-orange tips. Classic.

I wanted a real one for sentimental value, then I actually shot one of those POSs.

34dlmp4.jpg

This is mine from when I was a kid. Auto squirt gun, magazine fills with water, 4 AAs go in the grip. Bought at the local drug store for less than $10. One kid on the street got one, then we all had to have them. We ran around for hours shooting each other that day. You were safe when you were refilling at the hose. Copyright 1985, pre-orange tips. Classic.

I wanted a real one for sentimental value, then I actually shot one of those POSs.

34dlmp4.jpg

I was more of a fan of chasing others with the water hose than a squirt gun! :lol:

Yo mom: It's dark, the LEO is 50+ feet away, your kid has a ski mask on and is holding what appears to the officer to be a real gun.

You're lucky your offspring didn't get shot.

Keep your mouth shut, or use it to thank the officer for for his ability in a stressful (mwag, shots fired) situation to be able to recall/follow his training and not drop your kid in the middle of the street.

+1 to the officer.

• 1 month later...

Here is how you help the mother understand, put her where the officer was, put the officer where the kid was and have him hold a fake gun and real gun and ask her which she would like to be shot with, maybe then she would understand why the officer reacted the way he did.