Your daily ride outfit

schmuckingham

Guess i am trying to get a good idea on what most of you wear while riding on the street. ill go first

Scorpion EXO-700 series helmet

Scorpion Textile Hat Trick Jacket with Armor

Icon textile gloves

boots of some type ( thinking of getting some kind of riding boots but dont want to look like a noob wearing them while not riding that well)

Jeans ( need riding jeans or something that will protect well enough)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warm:

Joe rocket Ballistic armored jacket (seen one crash already)

Suomy or Shoei RF 1000

DVX racing gloves (wore a hole through the thumb of my JR speedmaster :(

Or Joe Rocket Mesh armored gloves

Tennis shoes or hikers for daily, if going out for the day to ride then it is Riding boots Sidi or XPD

Jeans for long rides and Fridays or Dress slacks commuting back and forth to work.

And if really playing put on the Strap on Knee Slider Sparkys

Cold:

Joe rocket Repsol Jacket or if cool enough 0-60 Jacket with liner

Same gloves or Windtex with liners if really riding in the cooler mornings.

Jeans, with windbreakers, or slacks with windbreakers over.

Hiker boots or Riding boots.

Depends what I'm doing. If I'm just cruising (riding to work for instance) I'll wear:

a helmet (KBC Reaper or Icon Mainframe)

jacket (Joe Rocket textile, A* leather, or Teknic leather)

gloves (Joe Rocket textile or Teknic leather gauntlet)

jeans

boots

If I'm going for a "spirited" ride, I'll wear the full leathers.

That's a pretty good setup. At least it's not squid-tastic.

Shoei RF-1000 strife helmet

Alpinstars TZ-1 Jacket

Sidi vertigo corsa boots

Alpinstars gp pro gloves

jeans or Alpinstars track pants depending on the ride.

What would make someone look squiddy ( even though i technically am one)?

I like my Scorpion jacket a lot, came with a nice removable liner

Dweezel your killing me haha

The thing that killed me was passing some guy on the highway on an F4i wearing flip-flops, cargo shorts, a polo and sunglasses. Same guy again

at night with NO glasses. I talked to him at the Lane ave exit (we're both students at OSU) and he's only owned the bike for a week the first time I saw him. I rightfully told him he's an idiot for novice riding with ABSOLUTELY no gear. The bike was intended to add to his fashion statement of "fratty chotch squid".

The thing that killed me was passing some guy on the highway on an F4i wearing flip-flops, cargo shorts, a polo and sunglasses. Same guy again

at night with NO glasses. I talked to him at the Lane ave exit (we're both students at OSU) and he's only owned the bike for a week the first time I saw him. I rightfully told him he's an idiot for novice riding with ABSOLUTELY no gear. The bike was intended to add to his fashion statement of "fratty chotch squid".

I would have called the cops on him saying a bike was weaving in traffic and doing wheelies. Give them his description..

But only bad thing about that is it would probably save his life and defeat Darwins theory.

i think that boots are a must. tennis shoes will most likely fall off, or you will really screw up your ankles in a crash, with race boots there is very little side to side movement, and close to no movement for your foot to be stretched backwards.

+100000 for boots

i think that boots are a must. tennis shoes will most likely fall off, or you will really screw up your ankles in a crash, with race boots there is very little side to side movement, and close to no movement for your foot to be stretched backwards.

+100000 for boots

Agreed.

+100000 for boots

Mine survived a 40 ft toss through the air...

Hikers that go above ankle are usual when casual ride and not commuting.