SHTF Threads. Seriously guys?

flounder

No offense to anyone as I know that winter has changed peoples focus a bit but the "What gun and ammo do I need for when SHTF?" threads are a bit ridiculous IMO. Ive seen a few of these in the last few days alone.

If you really want to ask/answer those questions, head on over to ar15.com or some zombie forum. All its showing is your lack of understanding about firearms, their usage, and probably general common sense.

Like I said, not intended to put anyone down but come on and at least try and act a bit more mature when asking firearms related questions.

/EndRant!

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure how you really feel?

Like I said, Just an observation. Gun owners have a hard enough time as is without additional attention.

Think if something were to happen then you would have people (news sites, etc) referencing "The out of control, paranoid gun toting motorcyclist forum"

Firearm ownership requires responsibility and maturity and should be treated as so.

I honestly doubt a motorcycle forum with a firearms section, is gonna raise many eyebrows. Ignorrant people and agenda driven media have always existed, and I don't give a rats ass about any of them.:whogives:

No offense to anyone as I know that winter has changed peoples focus a bit but the "What gun and ammo do I need for when SHTF?" threads are a bit ridiculous IMO. Ive seen a few of these in the last few days alone.

If you really want to ask/answer those questions, head on over to ar15.com or some zombie forum. All its showing is your lack of understanding about firearms, their usage, and probably general common sense.

Like I said, not intended to put anyone down but come on and at least try and act a bit more mature when asking firearms related questions.

/EndRant!

you say it isnt aimed at anyone specific, yet you posted in my thread right before this and edited

i clearly said in my first post i was looking for something that would be good for a shtf situation (not zombies - perhaps a natural disaster, riots, etc), but also for target shooting out 100-200 yards and coyote hunting

its not like it was "which gun can i kill zombies with", i was simply asking the differences between the accuracy/stopping power of an ar based gun vs an ak based gun

i want something i can shoot accurately out 100-200 yards, and i like the 7.62 round and cost of ak's vs the twice as expensive and less powerful 5.56...but i was reading that the 7.62 are innacurate

i read a few threads on various other forums and nobody could come to a general consensus on which one is a more solid platform, so i asked the opinion of people i know

if i was truly worried about zombies taking over, i wouldnt have been considering the 300blk round which is what half that thread is about

im looking for a gun that is fun to plink with and occasionally shoot coyotes and if need be nice to have in an emergency situation

of course its lack of understanding - thats why i posted to ask questions

btw "not to put anyone down" "All its showing is your lack of general common sense." dont flow together

you say it isnt aimed at anyone specific, yet you posted in my thread right before this and edited

i clearly said in my first post i was looking for something that would be good for a shtf situation (not zombies - perhaps a natural disaster, riots, etc), but also for target shooting out 100-200 yards and coyote hunting

its not like it was "which gun can i kill zombies with", i was simply asking the differences between the accuracy/stopping power of an ar based gun vs an ak based gun

i want something i can shoot accurately out 100-200 yards, and i like the 7.62 round and cost of ak's vs the twice as expensive and less powerful 5.56...but i was reading that the 7.62 are innacurate

i read a few threads on various other forums and nobody could come to a general consensus on which one is a more solid platform, so i asked the opinion of people i know

if i was truly worried about zombies taking over, i wouldnt have been considering the 300blk round which is what half that thread is about

im looking for a gun that is fun to plink with and occasionally shoot coyotes and if need be nice to have in an emergency situation

of course its lack of understanding - thats why i posted to ask questions

btw "not to put anyone down" "All its showing is your lack of general common sense." dont flow together

Actually I posted in your thread after I posted my thread of which the timestamps validate. And originally I just had a link in yours to mine which I was going to start doing every time I saw a SHTF thread from here on out. I thought better of it and decided that I wasnt going to do that either which is why I deleted it. It really wasnt aimed at you or anyone else. Honestly! Unfortunately, you just happened to post one around the same time over the period where I had been seeing them more frequently. Like I said, it wasnt aimed at you or anyone else and thats the truth.

Edited by flounder

Like I said, Just an observation. Gun owners have a hard enough time as is without additional attention.

Think if something were to happen then you would have people (news sites, etc) referencing "The out of control, paranoid gun toting motorcyclist forum"

Firearm ownership requires responsibility and maturity and should be treated as so.

I think you can take your tinfoil hat off for a little bit. :D

PS: The gun sites are where the real wackos hang out.

I think you can take your tinfoil hat off for a little bit. :D

PS: The gun sites are where the real wackos hang out.

Not talking tinfoil or anything. Just stating facts. If something were to happen your forum and its members will get negative attention. No different than

assphault junkies during the highway wheelies and no different then Columbus Racing after that crash.

Not talking tinfoil or anything. Just stating facts. If something were to happen your forum and its members will get negative attention. No different than

assphault junkies during the highway wheelies and no different then Columbus Racing after that crash.

Paranoia will destroy ya!!!!!!!:rulez:

I'm certainly not following that analogy. Now if someone goes and does something stupid, videotapes it, and posts the videos on YouTube, then yeah I see the correlation you're trying to make.