What would you like to see new or different for Ohio Riders in 2012?

Casper

any update on the email idea?

Keeping that separate. Not sure if I will/can do those. Just wanted input before I started researching how to go about integrating vBulletin usernames and passwords with an email system and an IM system.

let me become a site supporter with my shop lol
I have some serious reservations with allowing you to be a sponsor.
more rep to pass out for supporters!
I've been trying to find a way to do that actually.
Dayton gatherings.
Set something up. :)
got to say Ben this is the easiest forum to nav and I often find myself wishing other forums had the little things you have worked into ORDN. Great job all around
Thanks man.
Sites ok the way it is. Maybe some OR bike nights
I'm hoping to get something going for this year. I definitely need help though.
Can we make a iPhone/ipad app for OR?!?
We can, but it would run $300-$500. OR just doesn't make enough money to justify that. A mobile site is coming soon though.
Chat room and a canton area meet and greet.
Chat room hopefully coming as part of the IM thing if I can get it to work. As for Canton area meet and greet, set something up.

a delete your own post moderation button that expires after 5-10 minutes for when we accidentally post from another account :whistle
We don't delete anything. Certainly won't allow users to do delete anything. Sorry amigo.
e-mail notification.
We already have that. You just have to setup in your UserCP what you want notifications for. If you need help, shoot me a PM. I'll be glad to help you out.
setup an IRC channel
I think we'd be the only two who would use it.
How about being able to edit thread titles so they actually change on the main page.
I've been thinking about possibly letting supporters and sponsors change their own thread titles.
Meet n greets.

I may do one in Cbus. Maybe.

I am definitely doing one or more at Millstone BBQ in Logan right off 33 and 664.

Lots of tasty roads close. Plus my Dads BFF owns it so I'll see about specials.

May do one at Crazy Horse on the ohio river.

That said we have central and SEO taken care of. You northern boys come up with the rest.

I'd like to see one at Hillbilly Hotdogs in Chesapeake.
My comment was in reference to caspers question of "what tyes of events would you like to see?". I am not a moderator nor can I set up or speak for OR events, which is what I am looking for in our area. I am looking for a gathering where casper would actually be there. Dayton riders do get together from time to time. So I guess what I sould say is I would like to see an OR event in the dayton area.

I happen to like OR and all the info on the site. I also like the fact we can say what we feel.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

There are very, very few actual Ohio Riders events. Most events are simply setup by someone and posted here. I try to make it to as many things as possible, as do most of the members. If you set something up (day, time, location) post it up. I wouldn't mind swing out to Dayton for an afternoon lunch run or something.
I wonder is there another way to display or get more attention to the "social groups"? It seemed easier to get rides together when the regional threads were around. I'm not sure newer people even know the social groups are there. Just a thought.
I'm not sure social groups would be the best way to handle that, although they could work. What are you looking to do exactly? The regional threads are all just in one forum now with prefixes for the location.
more moderation on this site cause some of the things people say on here is just fucking ghastly to read. spooky, even. creepy, for sure.
Truth.
also was there a mobile version of this site? i know the OR app was suggested, but for some reason, i thought there was a mobile site... am i thinking of some other site? if not, maybe we could try it out if it hasn't been already. my phone is old and slow (like me) so it does not handle the full site very quickly these days. i just dropped it one too many times... but if it was a relatively easy task to get the forum software to kick it out in a m.ohioriders version, that could be neato
There was a mobile site which nobody used so I let it die. Recently there's been a lot of requests for it, so I'm bringing it back.
Have a eaisier way to share/upload pics from mobie
That unfortunately is a limitation of mobile web browsers. I don't know about Android, but iOS browsers can't access the file system, thus can't upload images. This is something I definitely want as well.

Pretty sure you can't. I mean, you can change the post title, but that doesn't change the thread title. I'll test it when I get around to it, but I have it set to no one being able to change it.

If you change it immediately after creating the thread, it will change it. Just re-verified. I edited right after I started the thread, I didn't navigate away from it and only 5-10 seconds passed.

Thread created with title "Creepy Tattoo"

1.png

Advanced editing to change to "Whoa...Creepy Tattoo"

2.png

Title changed.

3.png

more moderation on this site cause some of the things people say on here is just fucking ghastly to read. spooky, even. creepy, for sure.

+1 and then some....

My usage of this site dropped 99% because of some of the language, smut, and just plain nonsense on here. I know this has more to do with individuals than site improvement (and I'm not judging those of you into it, if you are that's great for you I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to be yourself. this is a public place and all)....

but I might be more active on here if there was a way for me to somehow sensor some of the stuff I don't want to see. I don't want to turn off icons entirely just because there's some users with ones that really gross me out or are just too obscene for my taste, but it would be nice if there was a way for users to flag their icons (and/or certain posts & threads) as mature or something, now something like that IN CONJUNCTION with a user CP option to censor anything that has been flagged as mature or obscene, I could probably browse this site a lot more without being slapped in the face left and right with smut and fowl language.

Sorry riders, but I enjoy riding and that's the only reason I want to use a site like this. There's just a lot of other stuff on here that I could really do without and I wish I could filter that out. If I'm actually very much alone in my thoughts on this, then nothing changes - in site functionality or in my usage habits.

+1 and then some....

My usage of this site dropped 99% because of some of the language, smut, and just plain nonsense on here. I know this has more to do with individuals than site improvement (and I'm not judging those of you into it, if you are that's great for you I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to be yourself. this is a public place and all)....

but I might be more active on here if there was a way for me to somehow sensor some of the stuff I don't want to see. I don't want to turn off icons entirely just because there's some users with ones that really gross me out or are just too obscene for my taste, but it would be nice if there was a way for users to flag their icons (and/or certain posts & threads) as mature or something, now something like that IN CONJUNCTION with a user CP option to censor anything that has been flagged as mature or obscene, I could probably browse this site a lot more without being slapped in the face left and right with smut and fowl language.

Sorry riders, but I enjoy riding and that's the only reason I want to use a site like this. There's just a lot of other stuff on here that I could really do without and I wish I could filter that out. If I'm actually very much alone in my thoughts on this, then nothing changes - in site functionality or in my usage habits.

Can you shoot me a PM with some examples? Avatars and everything have to stay PG13-ish. That's pretty much always been the rule. Anything with nudity or anything like that gets changed if/when we see it. Any thing not work safe gets moved to the NWS forum, which you have to agree to terms to even see. Language I can certainly understand, and I've toyed with the idea of a censor that you could turn on if you wanted. But even that wouldn't be foolproof. As for being able to report things, you can and we highly encourage it. You just have to click the report.gif icon in the upper right corner of the post and enter a brief note. That's sent to all of the mods and admins to review. I take everyone's opinions and concerns seriously, even if you are alone in your thoughts on this (but I don't think you are).