Project Rising Phoenix

Bad324

I finally got my hands on my CBR. Its an 08 with about 7k miles on it and a semi poorly done retrofit of 09 Phoenix fairings. Seems pretty solid but needs a little work to be my street/track whore! Has Full Two Bros exhaust, -1/+2 sprockets for goodies. New case covers will be coming soon and who knows what else.

And yes, plenty of Affliction and Tapout shirts :lol:

88efae8c.jpg

1462965c.jpg

75cd6619.jpg

e4b098b7.jpg

edb280b4.jpg

I thought you got suckered, until you mentioned all the Affliction Gear. AAATT (All Affliction All The Time).

I've got a set of armored flip flops you can have to ride in.

Seriously though, those bikes are bad. I love them! Good find.

looks great. should be an awesome project

yea i know my idea of "project" and most others is far different. This basically just needs some cosmetic fixes, a good detailing and more than likely some typical maintenance. From the little I got to take it up and down the street it seems to run strong and fantastic.

The first on the to do list is the case covers, a different fender eliminator because it scares me with the taillight hidden so deep under the tail and possibly paint the lower fairing white

Edited by Bad324

i wanna do a track day or 2 before deciding on getting plastics

agree on the pegs, they annoy me and will get PC'd. WTF was a sticker the dude tried to pull off but got lazy and didnt goo gone it. Will be coming off when I do a full detail. its an 08, there isn't suppose to be a cover. The rashed engine cases will be getting replaced with aftermarket ones. The gap is part of the design from the factory. I'm fat so I couldn't possibly tuck under the too dark screen, which I happen to love :)

I know I give you shit but seriously kudos for getting what you wanted.

I spent a year getting my pile Purdy again and another year tweaking it. Still not done.

thanks bud. Lucky for me I know how to hanlde the lulz at my expense. Plus, the whole affliction thing is kind of funny. It was hard to pass up at the price I got it for even with being far from perfect. As long as it proves to be mechanically sound and straight, I'll be happy!

Love it.

Congrats on the bike.

See you at Nelsons in April :D

haha hopefully the weather holds so that can be the plan. If not, might be the May date. Either way I have no more excuses lol

• Upvote 1

Did the PO give you the handbag that comes with it, or did he keep it? :D

Congratz Brian. Have fun with it.

:lol:

its not a handbag pattern, its a CBR pattern :p

bf26caf6.jpg

Edited by Bad324