Need some help to value a few

LJWalter

Hi, not a gun guy but i do have 3 that belonged to my late father & i need to value & sell. Chime in if you can help.

1. Winchester 12 gauge pump shotgun, Police Issue

2. Markov 9mm handgun

3. 22cal 8 shot revolver (dont know the maker)

PM me with info, thanks

I suggest to the OP to check out Gunbroker to get a sense of what those models go for. Be sure to check the completed auctions as well as those in progress, as asking price and selling price are almost never the same thing.

Pretty much what I did. I called the shop and just asked. Then checked gun broker. Used that for a high and low. Guessed that the 22 is a H&R or a J.C.

hold the phone

Savage 69 r-h.... My dad about had a shit fit when I gave him those numbers.

Do you know what that is worth if it can be proven as what it is? Most savage 69's were used in the vietnam war.

Dude that thing could be worth a good chunk of change.

The 22 I still need pics

Trust me my dad knows these things... again as soon as I said savage 69.

He just saw the pics, he said there was no chance it was used in veitnam.

Let me know what you want for that little 22. That is a sweet little pea shooter.

Not finding it in the data base. not as a revolver anyway. and I still cant find a value for it...

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Let me know what you want for that little 22. That is a sweet little pea shooter.

Not finding it in the data base. not as a revolver anyway

If Beegreen passes on the .22, I'm still interested depending on price :D

Not finding it in the data base. not as a revolver anyway

Possible misinformation on the Savage. From what i have seen i think the model 67 was the vietnam issue. The 69 was the police issue

First appearing in 1958 in 12 gauge as a long-barreled sporting shotgun, the Model 30 later appeared in 20 gauge and .410 gauge. The design was also licensed by Springfield and sold by them as the Model 67, and by Stevens (which itself later became a subsidiary of Savage Firearms) as the Model 77, both of which were nearly identical to the Savage 30. Therefore, this particular shotgun can also be found with names like the Savage-Stevens 77 and Savage-Stevens 30. For the most part, the Savage, Springfield, and Stevens guns were virtually identical in appearance and functioning (differences were mostly cosmetic and related to the finish) and may be regarded as identical for game purposes. As with most shotguns of this time period, metalwork was largely steel, feed was by a 4-round tubular magazine, and woodwork was of mid-quality walnut. Barrels were 26, 28, or 30 inches; choke was fixed, but barrels could be ordered with Cylindrical, Modified, or Full Choke. Sling swivels were optional. Original models had no sights of any kind, but later an optional front bead was added near the muzzle.

After the Savage-Stevens merger, the company produced a 20-inch-barrel police version, the Model 69R (also known as the Police Riot Gun), and a military version, the Model 77E. Both of these were virtually identical, with the Model 69R having a shiny finish for its metalwork, while the Model 77E had dull metalwork. The Model 77E at first got no military orders, but the US military found itself short of shotguns early in the Vietnam War, particularly for issue to militia and village defense forces loyal to the South Vietnamese government. In addition, some troops purchased the Model 77E on their own dime for use in Vietnam.

http://www.pmulcahy.com/pump-action_shotguns/us_pa_shotguns_s-z.htm

Found this on a forum, can't currently view the site due to work filter.