Chance to buy 2007 SV1000

gsxr07

Took a 2007 SV1000, 8000 miles, out for a test ride and was really impressed. I like the power on demand and the feel that it could really carve up some corners.

I dont know a whole lot about these bikes particularly but it sure seems like a blast to ride. The price on the bike is $2900, pass or buy?

Are parts easy to get? Is it pretty easy to work on this bike?

Overall is near mint condition IMO

396205_10150616145102125_505592124_10910953_1252742242_n.jpg

The price on the bike is $2900, pass or buy?

Are parts easy to get? Is it pretty easy to work on this bike?

Overall is near mint condition IMO

For that money, you can't go wrong. Buy it!

All kinds of used stuff for it available on fleebay. IMO, no harder to work on an SV than any other scoot...

Edited by pista

I have that exact bike. Love the thing. Only problem I have had is the stator took a crap, but that's 4 yrs old with 38,000 miles. Other than that, just ride the piss outta it. Parts are pretty easy to find. A lot of SV650, gsxr stuff fits. Plus same motor as the V-Strom (Suzuki still makes that, right). I love having the massive torque of a 1000 twin. Great for 2up or long hauls.

100_0353.jpg

once you go V you never go back...looks like a good deal...if my TL ever takes a poop a SV will be the #1 replacment basicly the same engine...you wont get top line speed out of a twin but the grunt of the line cant be beat

Oh, yes. If you pass on it let me know. I have been back and forth about the SV1000 for months. Now, I am wishing I would have jumped on it when I had the chance, but then again this price is much better and newer year and lower miles. One of these days I will own a SV. The best of both worlds...V-Twin & Sporty. Love the sounds of a V-Twin sportbike. Heck, I was hoping that Honda would produce a VTwin Sportbike again to compete with the SV, but no go. Sucks...guess I will have to change my loyalties. Hehehehehe

I paid $3200 14mos ago for my mint(except for tires) '03 SV1000S with 6,000 miles. I thought I got mine for a smoking deal. This one is newer, and has some updates for less coin.

Any idea why the price is so low? If it isn't stolen, buy it.

Oh, yes. If you pass on it let me know. I have been back and forth about the SV1000 for months. Now, I am wishing I would have jumped on it when I had the chance, but then again this price is much better and newer year and lower miles. One of these days I will own a SV. The best of both worlds...V-Twin & Sporty. Love the sounds of a V-Twin sportbike. Heck, I was hoping that Honda would produce a VTwin Sportbike again to compete with the SV, but no go. Sucks...guess I will have to change my loyalties. Hehehehehe

Suzuki even quit making the SV1000 after 2007. Never made the SV1000N other than 2003 (in the US). From what I understand, the cost of making it hit emissions was too much, so they cut it. Took my dealer a month to find me a black 07 SV1000S. They just were not popular. Which is one of the reasons I liked it. I always wanted a TLS, but couldn't find a clean one. As soon as the SV was in my garage, my bro found this.....

101_0509.jpg

First and last of a legend. 2007 SV1000S and 1997 TL1000S

101_0506.jpg

I paid $3200 14mos ago for my mint(except for tires) '03 SV1000S with 6,000 miles. I thought I got mine for a smoking deal. This one is newer, and has some updates for less coin.

Any idea why the price is so low? If it isn't stolen, buy it.

03 has its bonuses.... For one, higher tail making it turn quicker. Wish I could find a 03 tail to paint black and stick on mine.

"Took my dealer a month to find me a black 07 SV1000"

Since my motorcycle was stolen back in April 2011 I've been searching for a DEAL on a black sv1000 with low miles. Months of searching and finally found one out of state, the guy is airline pilot with no time to ride. Looks like I hit the jackpot..... sorta.

"Took my dealer a month to find me a black 07 SV1000"

Since my motorcycle was stolen back in April 2011 I've been searching for a DEAL on a black sv1000 with low miles. Months of searching and finally found one out of state, the guy is airline pilot with no time to ride. Looks like I hit the jackpot..... sorta.

I bought mine new and it took them that long. They did a trade with a dealer in MI to get it.