Suit Alteration in Columbus area

madcat6183

So my A-Star suit is a little okay lot too loose in the lower legs and I want to get this taken care of now with my new boots being in and ready to go.

Anyways, I've read alot of shoe places or dry cleaners alter suits, but does anyone have a local place around Columbus, prefer inside of 270, that they have used themselves?

I'd like to get this done in Feb so I am ready for the spring events etc.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
So my A-Star suit is a little okay lot too loose in the lower legs and I want to get this taken care of now with my new boots being in and ready to go.

Anyways, I've read alot of shoe places or dry cleaners alter suits, but does anyone have a local place around Columbus, prefer inside of 270, that they have used themselves?

I'd like to get this done in Feb so I am ready for the spring events etc.

Thanks!

Get it done right. Repairing with a patch or a blown seam is OK with a shoe repair place, but for alterations, send it to Alexa at Spyderchick Leathers. She is easy to work with, very inexpensive and will do it right!!!

Trust me, a shoe guy isn't the right guy... You need someone that knows and understands how a suit is designed and why to make changes that easy could cause integrity issues. Your skin would thank you should you test that theory...

Brian,

Good looking out, mine was actually going to go to a leather alteration shop in Polaris, but maybe I'll just take it there to get it marked for alteration? I guess I don't really know how Spyderchick does her work, I know Barniclebill is highly recommended too, but how the hell do I make sure the thing is going to fit right etc?

I know these are probably stupid questions, I've been fitted by 2 tailors for dress suits at different times, but figure that this is different?

Thanks for the looking out dude.

+1million for Alexa. She has gotten my business every season for the past 5 years. Not only does great repair work, but also does an excellent job on putting your name, logo, image, etc. on your suit! she'll also do one-off art type stuff, too. look for my LongDogRacing suit at the track!

Brian,

Good looking out, mine was actually going to go to a leather alteration shop in Polaris, but maybe I'll just take it there to get it marked for alteration? I guess I don't really know how Spyderchick does her work, I know Barniclebill is highly recommended too, but how the hell do I make sure the thing is going to fit right etc?

I know these are probably stupid questions, I've been fitted by 2 tailors for dress suits at different times, but figure that this is different?

Barniclebill is good and his shit won't fail but if you want it to look good too I would not send it to him. Alexa does great work, I would contact her to see what she would need. You may just have to give her a few measurements.

Brian,

Both are great folks to have stuff done. I had a prototype suit I was testing and had to have the forearms expanded during the GNF one year and we couldn't get me an adjusted suit in time. I gavce it to Bill and he had it done to the point you barely could tell. It was done so well, the suit guys even made comment. It helped them understand what was needed in the suit also.

Anyways, both will walk you through what is needed in terms of measurements. I'd tend to go Alexa's route because she has done some seriously awesome suit lettering and custom things. Bill is great for fixes. I'm not sold on his artistic side, but that's just icing on the cake and he is EXCEPTIONAL at alterations.

Worth a little extra shipping costs and time vs a shoe dude...

On a side note, getting my tires this week!!!

Both are great folks to have stuff done. I had a prototype suit I was testing and had to have the forearms expanded during the GNF one year and we couldn't get me an adjusted suit in time. I gavce it to Bill and he had it done to the point you barely could tell. It was done so well, the suit guys even made comment. It helped them understand what was needed in the suit also.

Anyways, both will walk you through what is needed in terms of measurements. I'd tend to go Alexa's route because she has done some seriously awesome suit lettering and custom things. Bill is great for fixes. I'm not sold on his artistic side, but that's just icing on the cake and he is EXCEPTIONAL at alterations.

Worth a little extra shipping costs and time vs a shoe dude...

On a side note, getting my tires this week!!!

Thanks dude, Im going to PM Alexa on Wera for contact or try to find her at least LOL. That way I can get it done right, I figure I'd like to try to get it done sooner than later, really just need the legs snugged up.

Hit me some pics when you get that thing donezo!