Carry gun

4DAIVI PAI2K5

I don't like the whole must carry a small gun thing. If you're gonna carry carry a gun. G19

Then why are you carrying such a small gun? :lol: All kidding aside, I agree. If you are going to carry a weapon then carry a weapon. The difference in comfort is minimal. But the difference in firepower and rounds delivered is pretty substantial. With 7 + 1 in that Ruger you better hope there is at most 2 bad guys and that you are a very good shot under extreme pressure. Your Glock and my XD have more than twice as many rounds, glad I have them.

The question, imho opinion, should be: What kind of holster do I need for this big ass gun I am going to carry.

Small guns are for the convience of dripping it in the pocket and going. The problem is IRS very easy to foul a draw from the pocket.

Hence the popularity of today's internal hammer (not hammerless as they are called) revolvers. You can shoot from your pocket if needed. Try that with a semi auto. Potential powder burn is still better than death.

Then why are you carrying such a small gun? :lol: All kidding aside, I agree. If you are going to carry a weapon then carry a weapon. The difference in comfort is minimal. But the difference in firepower and rounds delivered is pretty substantial. With 7 + 1 in that Ruger you better hope there is at most 2 bad guys and that you are a very good shot under extreme pressure. Your Glock and my XD have more than twice as many rounds, glad I have them.

The question, imho opinion, should be: What kind of holster do I need for this big ass gun I am going to carry.

The truth of it is we will not be gunning down whole gangs. A one on one encounter is still the most common incident encountered by legally armed citizens. Everybody knows the FBI study of 3/3/3?

3 shots in 3 seconds at 3 feet. So is a bigger gun going to save you?

No prolly not. The first rule of gun fighting is having a gun right? Comfort may be the last thing considered when fitting a soul to a firearm but comfort is what keeps you carrying when the newness of it has worn off. What is going to save you is training and readiness and carrying.

Also for small gun haters.

.380 and 9mm are ballisticly identical the first 20 feet fired from the same length barrel. So yeah.

• Upvote 1

Hence the popularity of today's internal hammer (not hammerless as they are called) revolvers. You can shoot from your pocket if needed. Try that with a semi auto. Potential powder burn is still better than death.

What would potentially happen if you tried to pocket shoot a semi auto? (at least the first shot anyway)

NoBama 2012

What would potentially happen if you tried to pocket shoot a semi auto? (at least the first shot anyway)

I'm sure you would have a failure to eject/feed.

Edited by jagr

NoBama 2012

Edit. At least AFTER the first shot.

I can see it getting potentially jambed after first round, but would think it would at least fire the first shot. Wanna test?:)

NoBama 2012