carry opinions

It'sMyRR

I prefer the s&w 380 or the Taurus TCP, but if your point is a pocket 380 I agree to an extent. The 5 rnds of 38 spl will have more takedown power than 6 rnds of 380 which is something to consider.

Yeah you can always throw that TCP at a criminal "when it fails" if ya have to. ;) And I assure you that my 380 would inflict some nasty damage, although the 38 would be a "bit" better. Wheel guns just are too thick for a true pocket gun, but in a small IWB or ankle holster would be ideal.

Yeah you can always throw that TCP at a criminal "when it fails" if ya have to. ;) And I assure you that my 380 would inflict some nasty damage, although the 38 would be a "bit" better. Wheel guns just are too thick for a true pocket gun, but in a small IWB or ankle holster would be ideal.

You are half correct I could throw my TCP "IF" it fails just like you could with your LCP "IF" it fails! the TCP hasn't been recalled how about those LCP's? :dunno: don't insult the firearm brand I carry just because you own and like the LCP. The TCP doesn't sting my hand to shoot like the LCp did, fits my hand better, and has better sights. There is no doubt that 38 has more stopping power!

Blackwing will let you rent guns then use the money towards the gun if that's what you buy. But Norton Sporting goods has better service and prices.

I also feel that the holster affects the way the gun feels when carried. I love crossbreed holsters I carry my full size h+k P2000 .40 in one and I forget its there. Lately I've been working 9hr days and carrying it IWB no problems. Now if I feel like carrying in my pocket I go with my keltec p3at. Sometimes I'll wear my t-shirt holster and carry anyone of my guns from my .380 upto my wifes Judge. But I mostly use the t-shirt holster on the bike.

I looked at a glock since I've heard good things about them but it didn't really seem that comfortable in my hands.

That's why I don't like Glock. I carry an M&P .40 which has interchangeable back straps to fit your hand plus I add a Hogue grip cover with finger indents. Much more comfortable than any Glock.

That's why I don't like Glock. I carry an M&P .40 which has interchangeable back straps to fit your hand plus I add a Hogue grip cover with finger indents. Much more comfortable than any Glock.

So you're saying you have girlie hands too. Glock has interchangeable back straps too.

I've stated this before but I hate the way a Glock feels in my hand, thankfully I've shot one despite the feeling. I love the way they shoot though and can't find anything else that I shoot better.

I also find that the longer length of the G19 conceals the grip of the gun better than the G26 using certain methods of carry. The extra five rounds of capacity is a bonus as well.

When looking for a carry piece it's just as important to have an idea about the way you intend to carry it and if that method is available for the firearm you consider purchasing. Don't be surprised if what you think you wanted in both a firearm or holster is completely different after you have lived with them for a while.

Edited by Uncle Punk
  • Upvote 1

When looking for a carry piece it's just as important to have an idea about the way you intend to carry it and if that method is available for the firearm you consider purchasing. Don't be surprised if what you think you wanted in both a firearm or holster is completely different after you have lived with them for a while.

Very good point UP. It'd be difficult to find a angle holster for a 1911 if you were dead set on both.

Very good point UP. It'd be difficult to find a angle holster for a 1911 if you were dead set on both.

Its not just that. Everything is a compromise when it comes down to carrying a firearm. You need to look at your daily routine at every aspect all the way down to what you wear and what you drive when trying to decide on a carry combo. Are you a woman that wears business pants suits? Or are you more of a dress/skirt wearer. Do you carry a full size purse or a small clutch? All those questions lead to a different rout in gun and type of carry.