Work on My 06' CBR600RR

seanya1604

I have had some issues with my bike and really need to take it to someone who knows what they are doing and aren't just going to throw parts at a problem.

I am having the following problems and am doing more damage than not working on them:

1. Engine bogging in 1st/2nd gears when gets above 210 degrees or so. Dealer said to try throttle body, but I would have to get the work done and they couldn't guarantee it being fixed.

2. Turn signal not working. I put a custom signal on and now it's not working.

3. There seems to be some radiator fluid leaking when I ride. Can't determine the source.

4. I have a Power Commander that I put on, but the dealership unplugged because they said it wasn't doing anything positive.

I'm debating just putting a cover on it and giving up. It has been sad to watch these problems occur and not have the skill to fix them.

If anyone is skilled and has some free time this remaining winter, I'd love to chat.

Please help! :confused::confused::confused:

Sean

Bogging at high temp indicates rich running condition. Custom blinker not working indicates led issue, need load resistors or led-specific blinker box. Maybe dealership botched the power commander un-install? Could account for your bogging issues. Maybe power commander install was done poorly by an amateur? Could account for it not doing anything positive. I would get stock and power commander wiring diagrams and check against what is in your bike.

Was it bogging before the stealership disconnected the PC?

If it was it was either installed incorrectly or the map is way off.

I'm sure there is a youtube video showing you how to connect a PC3 to your bike. Google it.

If the map is way off, you can get on Honda CBR forums and I'm sure someone will share a map. While a generic map should work without much issue (as long as it is for your type and year bike and the bike itr came from has similar mods), there is no substitution for a dyno tune. I would find a video, verify you PC3 is connected correctly, try to get a generic map and verify the bike is running better. Then talk to dynotune Brian.

As for the blinker, what do you mean it's not working? Not at all? Blinking too fast? staying lit constantly? Need a little more details.....

I'm pretty sure your bike reverts back to the stock tune once the PC is disconnected.

Maybe the stock tune or ECM is messed up.

it is supposed to. I have heard on a couple freak occurences where the ECM didn't reset and had to be "manually" reset. One was an 05 600rr so although unlikely it seems a little possible

I put an aftermarket slip-on on. I remember leaving a gas station one day and all of the sudden, the bogging started.

I put the PC on much later, thinking it would fix the richness.

Didn't do anything.

I took off the slip on and it was still bogging.

It just seems like the more I'm in there, the more I screw up.

I desperately want to pay someone to do it and even watch the work if possible.

+2 on that. I would save the current PC map to your computer and download the closest map from their site to get a ballpark and save it to the pc3. Then you could reinstall the slip-on and plug in the PC making sure the correct injectors are used. (Lower ones) And you get the TPS sensor on the correct/left? side under the frame. (If same as 07 etc?) Then take it out to DTM-Brian for a few pulls with air/fuel logging to see whats going on. He'll be able to tell pretty quickly if somethings wrong with the fuel amount.

As for the lights, as said..it could be a the LED's lacking a resistor. Bad wiring shorting out or a poped fuze. (Check Under seat and up on the side) I poped one on my old 04 600RR and they stopped working also.

If the bike was running very rich, which it very well could have been. The plugs may have been fouled up and could probably use a replacement to make sure your getting a good spark and ignition of the fuel spray.

Edited by SJC1000rr

+2 on that. I would save the current PC map to your computer and download the closest map from their site to get a ballpark and save it to the pc3. Then you could reinstall the slip-on and plug in the PC making sure the correct injectors are used. (Lower ones) And you get the TPS sensor on the correct/left? side under the frame. (If same as 07 etc?) Then take it out to DTM-Brian for a few pulls with air/fuel logging to see whats going on. He'll be able to tell pretty quickly if somethings wrong with the fuel amount.

As for the lights, as said..it could be a the LED's lacking a resistor. Bad wiring shorting out or a poped fuze. (Check Under seat and up on the side) I poped one on my old 04 600RR and they stopped working also.

If the bike was running very rich, which it very well could have been. The plugs may have been fouled up and could probably use a replacement to make sure your getting a good spark and ignition of the fuel spray.

Steve your so smart... I heart you

You guys are pretty damn good. Thanks for all the advice.

Not sure which side on the leak. It collects on the middle of the two side fairings. I'll take another look though tonight.

Sounds like Brian is the go to on this. I have the slip on back on and the PC is just sitting in the bike unplugged. I'll have to debate going back in there again.

Thanks guys!

What RPM does it bog at? Does it bog in the low RPM then is ok at a higher RPM? Do you have any ignition controlers? Do you have any check lights?

For the turn sig issue... + 1 on checking the fuse. If you put Leds on and everything was in working condition then they would blink faster then normal. I would also make sure the wires are not crossed.

And for the coolent issue, how much fluid is in the res? Does your rad have a hole in it from a stone and is blowing to another part of your bike? This can happen if the leak is from the in/out hoses...

• 3 weeks later...

Bogs around 1,500-3,000. Higher it is usually ok. So I get to a cool downtown spot, go to show off the sound, and then it bogs out and almost stalls and I look like tool of the month. :)

I did check the fuse and that was as far as I got. I'll check for cross wiring.

I have to check the res. It doesn't seem to leak unless it's on, so good idea with the hoses!

Bogs around 1,500-3,000. Higher it is usually ok. So I get to a cool downtown spot, go to show off the sound, and then it bogs out and almost stalls and I look like tool of the month. :)

I did check the fuse and that was as far as I got. I'll check for cross wiring.

I have to check the res. It doesn't seem to leak unless it's on, so good idea with the hoses!

Seems like you have some sort of TPS issue or the calibration fort the throttle in the PC is off.