Home Security Shotgun

Howabusa

I don't know if everybody is prepping for the day when the shit hits the fan or what! I can't find a Maverick 88 12 gauge with the 20 inch barrel anywhere. Buckeye, Vance & Sportsmans Den in Shelby are all sold out. I thought about buying the Mossberg 500 for $70 more, but for the amount of shooting I would do with it i can't see spending the extra $70.

Dale (8mm Dale) has some nice Wingmasters he took in on trade, $330~ish iirc.

Have you considered 20 gauge? Easier to control, easier follow-up shots. Would be easier for any females in the house to use, too.

Would 20 be as effective for home defense?

the way i see it, any bullet is better than no bullet....i would use a 22 for HD if its all i had

he makes a point about females using it....my girl never shoots, so if she picked up my 12g in a HD situation, she would not be able to hit anything, and she would not be effective at all with it..a 20g would be better in case she had to use it

ill set up my nova for HD sometime...after i quit blowing all my gun money on other shit, but for now i use my handgun....i like handguns for home defense because even though they arent as effective, they are more portable than my 28" nova

basically, i wouldnt be afraid of using a 20g for home defense

wally mart usually has the maveric 88 here in vernon with the rib barrel, then buy a pistol grip and 20" afterwards..that way you will have a muti use gun, HD, hunt, clays, ect. just with a 5min swap of the stock and barrel..thats what i did

2012-02-12_12-40-50_295.jpg?t=1329068739

Edited by 2talltim

I am now the owner of a Mossberg 500 Persuader 8 shot with a 20" barrel & a pistol grip! It only took a little over 2 hours at Buckeye Outdoors to get it. $270, good deal the normal price is $350. Where can I get a cool stock for it? I'm not happy with the pistol grip. The salesman said that they were out of the Maverick 88 and that they won't be getting anymore.