6x12 Enclosed Trailer

Bad324

well I wasn't gonna post it here since its more than I bought it for but I did make some slight improvements and they only way I'd sell it is if I get $2000 out of it to get larger trailer from another OR member

*Pace American Trailer with 2" ball receiver

*Fairly new tires, maybe 1500 miles on them

*All LED lighting works great

*The axles have bearing buddies

*It's currently setup to hold one bike in the center, or two bikes with removable wheel chocks, could be modified to fit 3

*There are four recessed tie-downs in the floor along with E-track I installed towards the front. Can also include 2 more sections of E-track which is not installed. Might even have extra hooks to go with the E-track, will have to check

*Also have a half gallon of white paint and a bag of that grit stuff to mix with the paint if you want to do the floor/ramp if you want it. I ran out of time before our GAP trip and just never got around to it since. Walls are currently painted same white color

*The front section has a storage area where I keep the spare, tie-down straps, three wheel chocks, tools, etc.

Only thing it needs is a new vent hatch. Its currently sealed off and hasn't given me any problems so I never bothered as it doesn't effect usability

9627dec1.jpg

ab950cfa.jpg

98848c3c.jpg

No offense my meximerican friend, but you can buy brand new v-nose single axle 6x12s all day long for $2k. Hell, non v-nose ones are selling new for $1600.

You do have some stuff in it already, but I don't know if it's $400 worth of extras.

Good luck though!

No offense my meximerican friend, but you can buy brand new v-nose single axle 6x12s all day long for $2k. Hell, non v-nose ones are selling new for $1600.

You do have some stuff in it already, but I don't know if it's $400 worth of extras.

Good luck though!

no offense taken! I don't need to get rid of it, just wouldn't mind upgrading to cf7x's trailer and the only way I can do that it sell this baby :)

but ps...where can I find these said trailers because if I can grab one of those that would easily change my price!

Edited by Bad324

Good luck though!

Where at? I was searching extensively before I bought mine and couldn't find any that cheap even if I drove to Georgia. The cheapest I found in this area (about a 300 mile radius) was $2300. If you drive to Georgia, one would spend a few hundred in gas

Where at? I was searching extensively before I bought mine and couldn't find any that cheap even if I drove to Georgia. The cheapest I found in this area (about a 300 mile radius) was $2300. If you drive to Georgia, one would spend a few hundred in gas

that was kinda my dilemna as well. Within 250 miles mine was the cheapest 6x12 on craigslist

Good luck though!

You get what you pay for. I have a 6x12 that I paid over 5K for three or four years ago. You can buy cheap to serve a purpose short term or you can invest in something that will last, the cost of ownership is cheaper because they hold their value and cost of pulling it is less. There are many options in the vehicle, motorcycle, trailer world and most of them have a wide variety in prices. If you are going to make comparisons try to make it apples to apples.

I have no idea what this cheap piece of shit is worth the wetback is trying to sell though.

You're not going to find much locally i.e. within a state or two in any direction, I will give you that. But they can be had if you're willing to take a little longer drive.

Example:

Ebay 6x12 v-nose in VA

How much are you going to spend in gas, wear and tear, and time to go to VA for a trailer. FYI its up to $2,099 as of right now.

That's a buy it now price. All I'm saying is I've seen new and even used ones sell for less. Will someone will eventually buy it for that prices, probably. But there are fewer and fewer suckers out there nowadays.

The same trailer that I just bought except brand new. It looks like $3500 brand new with the ramp and the spare tire. They are saying list price is about $4500 so a new good trailer can cost some pennies. I am not sure of the new price of a PACE trailer but I know they are a pretty decent brand.

http://www.toolsplus1.com/bl612saramp.htm

yeah this is a good price. I shopped ALL around, as far as IL, NC, VA, KY, etc for one in decent shape for under 2k and no chance of it close enough to make it worth it.

I finally found one locally for 1600, and STOLE IT. 6x12 V nose, best shape Ive ever seen. But locally, this is a great price.

The cheap ones at TSC, Lowes are 3500 all day for this size, maybe more.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, a few things on trailers. We've owned several and know a few things to look for. Ebay trailers are nice enough for a casual user, but look closer at the frame rails and the size and thickness of the metal. Look at the axle types, the thickness of the wood flooring, the way they rivet and how many they use, the way the lay the seams and what direction they are in (For example, are the laying over sheets seam facing towards the front or back?), etc.?

The Pace being advertised is a solid trailer with a great build. It's honestly worth maybe a little less, but if he doesn't really need to sell it, I understand the amount. I'd say it is worth $1700, but again, $2k isn't a stretch.

Anyways, GLWS.