Banks

Meanie

So I tried opening another savings account today with my current bank, and there are fees for everything. I pretty much use my savings account as a backer, if I need extra cash or the checking account is low or whatever, so I move money around quite a bit. Well there is a fee if I do it more than 6 times in a cycle. There is a fee if there is less than X amount of money in it. So I am looking for another bank that isn't fee happy.

I am going to stop by CME to see what they can do. My only issue with them is the ATM locations.

Who do you guys use and recommend?

Check out any credit unions you can be a member of. Most have much fewer fees than the banks. Ofcourse you need to look at availability of ATMs and branches as there are also many CUs that are very small. I still use the CU I joined while working in the Boston area. It is a large CU with many branches in that area. But they also have good support for online banking and reimburse for some ATM fees so its not really a hardship to work remotely with them.

Craig

Chase does have fees, that is who I am currently with, been with them since 1998.

I have Chase and have never had any fees for any of my accounts but I guess I also have the upgraded accounts since I have my mortgage and auto loan through them.

I use Huntington and I don't have any fees

^^ this

I got $100 for signing up (mail promotion) and have never paid a red cent in fees, even the couple times i've overdrafted they waived the fees since i went in the next day and made my account current.

I now have a little money in savings with them and use that as my overdraft buffer.

PNC with zero fees, also a carryover from National City. I have my Checkings, Savings, Credit Card and IRA with them and zero issues

We also use PNC for our business so if I do have a problem I just get the VP on the phone and he'll take care of my problem :D

I'm also a national city to PNC transfer and never had any fees, in fact I just upgraded my account since I get direct deposit and tripled my saving interest rate to a whopping .55% lol, don't really use it for the interest though, mainly as a back up for the checking account.

I'm also a national city to PNC transfer and never had any fees, in fact I just upgraded my account since I get direct deposit and tripled my saving interest rate to a whopping .55% lol, don't really use it for the interest though, mainly as a back up for the checking account.

^^^this

Same here, qualified for performance checking and get the better rate and also use my debit a lot and qualified for the performance savings each month which is .65% lol

I have PNC and I have never paid a fee for any of my several accounts with them. These are carryover accounts from National City, but I don't think they have fees on new accounts either. I don't think Chase has any fees as well.

Chase exists on fees, and actively molds it business practices around artificially generating situations where they can justify more fees. Fees are their profit model.

Allegedly.

Chase exists on fees, and actively molds it business practices around artificially generating situations where they can justify more fees. Fees are their profit model.

Allegedly.

Nothing alleged about it, it's the straight-up truf. See also: Keybank, Fifth Third (one of the worst in every category), Huntington (as of a a few years ago when I left them), BoA (the worst in every category)

I still vouch for USAA based on my experiences. However, you may want to look around and see what local credit unions are available. Kemba's not terrible, but the ATM's are sparse and their online banking sucks. Phone support is out-fucking-standing though.

I move money around like a motherfucker (3 checking, 2 savings at 3 different banks) and I haven't been hit with fee 1 since I moved everything out of Huntington. The only major bank I deal with is Chase, and I pay them just enough to clear my mortgage and not a penny more. Since I have a large relationship with them they don't charge me anything, and I use them to do local check deposits for my expenses or any other paper checks I receive. That frees me up to take advantage of Internet-facing banks, where ATM fees get refunded and the interest on a savings/MM account are a hell of a lot higher.

BTW, that 6 transactions thing for savings accounts is a federal regulation, not something that the banks are doing to fuck with you. Savings accounts are meant to be cash at rest, and not something that you zip money in and out of. If you're going to do that, a lot of places will just convert the account to a checking and leave it at that.

Ok...

When I tried to talk with Chase about an adjustment to my mortgage, the run around was unbelivable. I never spoke with the same person, even when asking, they always had some sort of problem with my returned paperwork, twicw by FedX and 3 times via computer.

So I went to the local Chase Bank in Marysville, Oh.

I made an appointment with the Bank Manager to discuss the situation.

I only met once with him, he was forbidden to discuss my Mortgage and any kind of adjustments. I was more then upset and he knew it. We were in his office when he gave the "Inside Agenda".

Now this Manager has been with 3 different Banks in over 39 yrs of banking, and all had the same Agenda.

The inside credo was this:

As a Bank, their job will always have one goal, to never work a deal of any kind that can potentially cause the Bank to lose money. The bottom line is simple, and as he said about Chase.

Chase is not in the business of helping their clients, thier only business is making money.

One month after talking with me, he was dismissed, no reason given.

What a shock.

Ride safe all,

Greg