Officer tases handcuffed woman - now brain dead.

Scruit

whatever happened to due process, innocent until proven guilty? i'm not defending the woman, i'm defending our laws and constitution. how did she slip out of her cuffs? it seems to me that the cop did a poor job of detaining her and fell back on his crutch. its pretty disturbing to me to see everyone saying she deserved it. i opine that an arresting officer has a fiduciary responsibility, to the law and those he is sworn to protect, to bring in the accused with some level of respect no matter how disrespected in the process. just because he doesnt want to/cant run down a suspect would leave me suspect to the officers abilities.

oh well, whats done is done...we'll just carry on towards our police state. also, i'm not and never will be a police officer, just my thoughts on the matter.

hate on....

whatever happened to due process, innocent until proven guilty? i'm not defending the woman, i'm defending our laws and constitution. how did she slip out of her cuffs? it seems to me that the cop did a poor job of detaining her and fell back on his crutch. its pretty disturbing to me to see everyone saying she deserved it. i opine that an arresting officer has a fiduciary responsibility, to the law and those he is sworn to protect, to bring in the accused with some level of respect no matter how disrespected in the process. just because he doesnt want to/cant run down a suspect would leave me suspect to the officers abilities.

oh well, whats done is done...we'll just carry on towards our police state. also, i'm not and never will be a police officer, just my thoughts on the matter.

hate on....

OK I change my opinion.....he should have blown her away with his shotgun instead.

Its only a matter of time my friend. They have now started making the Buck shot in cubes. They found they can fit 30% more pellets into a shell that way. Suck it rookie! :p

damnit I was just going for the lulz and you had to bring facts in to this. Damn you!

oh...oh i see. so, this was not open to discussion, just open to agreement.

duly noted.

I happen to agree with you point but to me the fact is that if you don't put yourself in such a situation then this would've never happened. And the way this country has become, unfortunately my mentality is one of a lack of sympathy

I happen to agree with you point but to me the fact is that if you don't put yourself in such a situation then this would've never happened. And the way this country has become, unfortunately my mentality is one of a lack of sympathy

totally agree with your first sentence. but, trying not to let myself feel like your second, although i still do (though, please understand that i'm not judging you for feeling that way). it just saddens me that this has become the general consensus, at the risk of sounding like a bleeding heart hippy. lately, i struggle with the notion of 'us' becoming more 'civilized' at the expense of our own humility.

it vexes me...i'm very vexed.

hate on....

What should the officer have done differently?

What should the officer have done differently?

well, she looked to be well within his reach. he looked to have to slow down to taze her. he couldnt handle taking her down? i understand she was supposedly on drugs and all that comes with that (lack of judgement/pain/etc), it just looked to me like he just took the easy way out. like i said before, i'm not a LEO and wont pretend to know what its like, but it seems more and more that there is a lack of accountability and responsibility when it comes to the use of force by those sworn to protect our citizens, even those accused of crimes. freak accident or not, to me his actions didnt seem reasonable or justified for the situation.

well, she looked to be well within his reach. he looked to have to slow down to taze her. he couldnt handle taking her down? i understand she was supposedly on drugs and all that comes with that (lack of judgement/pain/etc), it just looked to me like he just took the easy way out. like i said before, i'm not a LEO and wont pretend to know what its like, but it seems more and more that there is a lack of accountability and responsibility when it comes to the use of force by those sworn to protect our citizens, even those accused of crimes. freak accident or not, to me his actions didnt seem reasonable or justified for the situation.

He weighed 3x what she did. If he tackled her to the ground and she still hit her head then people would criticize him for that instead. Even if she would up with lighter injuries such as broken bones etc then he'd people would scream "brutality" just the same. Those injuries are much more likely.

He testified that she was outrunning him for we can tell how much closer he is at the police station door, so we hangs to take his word on that. I don't agree that she was in reaching distance.

Edited by Scruit

He weighed 3x what she did. If he tackled her to the ground and she still hit her head then people would criticize him for that instead. Even if she would up with lighter injuries such as broken bones etc then he'd people would scream "brutality" just the same. Those injuries are much more likely.

He testified that she was outrunning him for we can tell how much closer he is at the police station door, so we hangs to take his word on that. I don't agree that she was in reaching distance.

i'm not interested in arguing hypotheticals, my issue is with excess. i certainly wouldnt even comment on her freakishly being injured when taken down in a reasonable manner; nothing short of a stiff breeze would have taken down that bird and sometimes shit happens. i didnt see his decision as reasonable. he was so very clearly within arms reach of her when they came into the frame which would mean he was right on top of her just before. she didnt outrun him, he slowed down to position himself for the shot/was too busy reaching for his tazer to catch her. its two very different scenarios falling when tackled and falling when being shocked. i just think his chosen means were excessive, regardless if she ended up paralyzed. its with that that i have a problem. was tazing her necessary or just easier?

did she deserve what she got? well, i dont feel thats for me to decide, we have a court system for that....

I agree with the brain dead(already) bitch got what was coming to her comment.

Furthermore, I find this(and similar) video both funny and educational at the same time.

If shit like this was shown in school, I bet it would have a positive effect on our youth.

That, and public hanging.

I'm all for bring back public hanging.

Charge a few dollars, do it at Nationwide, use the money for our schools and roads.

THAT is a good idea!!

A. Hopefully you weren't hurt/ injured in trying to catch the guy. B. I fucking hate theives with a passion :mad: . There are reasons I sleep next to a gun every night. If you are willing to risk the consequences of breaking in to my house ,I am not willing risk how far you will go to get what you want.

I was fine, as well as the other officers.

hate on....

You are correct, she is innocent in the eyes of the law, until proven guilty. However, the police are not "the law" they are law enforcement. So, while she is very much innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law, she is very much guilty in the eyes of the officers. If the officers didn't feel she was guilty, they could never justify arresting her and taking away her right to freedom.

As far as how did she slip her cuffs, cuffs don't fit everyone. There are some females (or males for that matter) with wrists as small as a 12 year old, and cuffs are not made for them.

i'm not interested in arguing hypotheticals, my issue is with excess. i certainly wouldnt even comment on her freakishly being injured when taken down in a reasonable manner; nothing short of a stiff breeze would have taken down that bird and sometimes shit happens. i didnt see his decision as reasonable. he was so very clearly within arms reach of her when they came into the frame which would mean he was right on top of her just before. she didnt outrun him, he slowed down to position himself for the shot/was too busy reaching for his tazer to catch her. its two very different scenarios falling when tackled and falling when being shocked. i just think his chosen means were excessive, regardless if she ended up paralyzed. its with that that i have a problem. was tazing her necessary or just easier?

did she deserve what she got? well, i dont feel thats for me to decide, we have a court system for that....

So you're not saying she shouldn't been stopped, just that you the taser is the wrong tool? A valid opinion. Much more so than those who think it was excessive ONLY because it ended badly.

I personally extend the police much more leeway in keeping themselves safe in situations where the tasee acted in a manner that requires the officer to go hands-on so i'm of the opinion that the taser is better than a fistfight.

him tackling her and crushing her with his body weight is more excessive in my mind than a taser.

a taser leaves no lasting damage besides a couple cuts from the barbs. being tackled is a much higher risk of being injured.

her injury occured in the fall, it was not related to the taser. she could have sustained that injury no matter how she was taken down.

As far as how did she slip her cuffs, cuffs don't fit everyone. There are some females (or males for that matter) with wrists as small as a 12 year old, and cuffs are not made for them.

shouldnt he have used those zip cuff then?

A taser should never be used to subdue a suspect or achieve compliance with an order. Tasers are supposed to be a less lethal means of defending an officer from a potentially threatening situation, like a person running toward them wielding a knife, or a 300 lbs suspect charging a 130 lbs officer.

This lady had been cuffed, and presumably patted down for weapons she was running away, and as far as I can tell, not putting anyone in danger. They should have chased her instead of being lazy and using the taser.

• Upvote 1

A taser should never be used to subdue a suspect or achieve compliance with an order. Tasers are supposed to be a less lethal means of defending an officer from a potentially threatening situation, like a person running toward them wielding a knife, or a 300 lbs suspect charging a 130 lbs officer.

This lady had been cuffed, and presumably patted down for weapons she was running away, and as far as I can tell, not putting anyone in danger. They should have chased her instead of being lazy and using the taser.

Tasers are a compliance tool. Ever try to get some ones arms out from under them to cuff them?