Honda Goldwings

crb

I think and I could be wrong but there is a guy that holds the fastest record on the dragon from one end to the other and maybe back on a Goldwing

That is a common tale among the cruiser community I didn’t think anyone in the sport bike world would believe it let alone repeat it, the story is not true but it does get repeated often. Think about it logically, the same good rider on a sport bike will beat his own best time through there on a Goldwing. Don't get me wrong I love Goldwings and hope to have one someday when I grow up but they aren't going to beat a sport bike through any road course using the same rider on both bikes.

A well ridden Goldwing will stay with any well organized group ride, hell we had a T-Max scooter along on a group ride without an issue.

Is it just me or are Honda Goldwings old people bikes? Wife and I are really starting to look for a 2 up bike for this fall or next year. I look at the Goldwings and I can't help but think I am too young for a goldwing. Am I wrong? I will say they look very comfy.

So how old do you have to be? How many tattoos do I need to ride a Harley? I'm 60,Too old for a sport bike? I joined up at 43 and I wish I would have done it sooner. My wife and I have had some of the best times in our life on the Wing. Don't ride one if you don't want one and if you don't want one don't let your wife ride on one. The 1800's handle alot better than the 1500 and have a little more power but the 1500 is quite capable. This is ours.We have traveled every state east of the Miss. River and camped in several. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHTFfRNTZF8

So how old do you have to be? How many tattoos do I need to ride a Harley? I'm 60,Too old for a sport bike? I joined up at 43 and I wish I would have done it sooner. My wife and I have had some of the best times in our life on the Wing. Don't ride one if you don't want one and if you don't want one don't let your wife ride on one. The 1800's handle alot better than the 1500 and have a little more power but the 1500 is quite capable. This is ours.We have traveled every state east of the Miss. River and camped in several.

Nice. ;)

I think and I could be wrong but there is a guy that holds the fastest record on the dragon from one end to the other and maybe back on a Goldwing

He probably holds the record on a Wing but not overall .Look at what he did do. Practice makes perfect. http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/17687.html

I saw a photo of a wing doing a nice wheelie and assumed it was photoshopped. I was quickly informed they have plenty of power to pull the front wheel with no problem and just about anything else as well.

You could get one of these and open a side business :D. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiojZ7HfCWo

My fathers have goldwings...my dad has rode his to Maine and washington state, through ice snow rain and it did just fine. My stepfather got his so my mom could ride with him on long rides. My father n law triked his for easier travel. All 3 are customized.

I would also say to check out the Triumph Sprint series of bikes. Sport touring with more power than the VFR's. It's the same 1050cc 3 cylinder engine they put in the speed triples. 100+ hp to the back tire and all day comfort. I did 1800 miles in 6 days last year on mine. 2 wheeled down to the dragon then did N+S Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia while we where down there before riding home. The bike was awesome in the twisties, even when loaded down with hard bags and luggage.

Not sure how they ride 2-up but it is an option that nobody else has mentioned yet.

I can't get into any motorcycle with a "chair" on it.......Or pulling a trailer with a motorcycle (something which should be against the law IMO)...

If you want something that big, I say drive a car...

:eatdrink: Hi jnor, you know you really want one.

Like a dose of the clap.....

Hater.....bet my buddy would pass you in the twisty bits while pulling his trailer on his wing.;) It is basically a bad ass flat 6 that is nestled in an aluminum sportbike frame, they handle better than they should and are more comfy than they should be.