Honda Goldwings

crb

Is it just me or are Honda Goldwings old people bikes? Wife and I are really starting to look for a 2 up bike for this fall or next year. I look at the Goldwings and I can't help but think I am too young for a goldwing. Am I wrong? I will say they look very comfy.

I believe in riding a motorcycle that fits me, suits my needs, and feels comfortable to ride. If I was part of the stereotype of people who own my bike, I'd be a guy well over 40 that puts less than 5000 miles on it a year and treats it like a garage queen. Whatever.

There's a reason why older people ride Goldwings. They're comfortable, engineered to have a super-low center of gravity that makes them easy to handle, have a ridiculous amount of amenities at their fingertips, lots of luggage space, and are proven long-distance bikes. It's a motorcycle that has set the standard for power and luxury touring.

If you ride it and like it, go for it. Comfort knows no age.

I believe in riding a motorcycle that fits me, suits my needs, and feels comfortable to ride. If I was part of the stereotype of people who own my bike, I'd be a guy well over 40 that puts less than 5000 miles on it a year and treats it like a garage queen. Whatever.

There's a reason why older people ride Goldwings. They're comfortable, engineered to have a super-low center of gravity that makes them easy to handle, have a ridiculous amount of amenities at their fingertips, lots of luggage space, and are proven long-distance bikes. It's a motorcycle that has set the standard for power and luxury touring.

If you ride it and like it, go for it. Comfort knows no age.

Well stated

Dont have one- but if I had a GF that wanted to go on trips, not much beats a GW for 2 up and keeping the woman happy. - If woman happy, I can get happy too.:D

(did the non-biker wife thing once, bad idea.)

Edited by mello dude

We are just starting to really look. I am interested in all manufacturers. The gold wing seems like it would be overkill as we don't necessarily plan on long trips, but would like comfort. Strongly considering a BMW 1600gtl, Kawasaki Vaquero, and other.

Edited by crb

We are just starting to really look. I am interested in all manufacturers. The gold wing seems like it would be overkill as we don't necessarily plan on long trips, but would like comfort. Strongly considering a BMW 1600gtl, Kawasaki Vaquero, and other.

A new C14 is calling your name IMHO.;) Now as for a GL1800 being an old fart bike......hell no. They are an amazing machine that is capable of embarrassing allot of riders on more sporty machines, while being oh so ever comfy while doing it.

A new C14 is calling your name IMHO.;) Now as for a GL1800 being an old fart bike......hell no. They are an amazing machine that is capable of embarrassing allot of riders on more sporty machines, while being oh so ever comfy while doing it.

This, and then some........C14 or FJR would be an awesome stepping stone towards a Wing -- the sport tourers do everything well with very few mods needed -- I was actually looking for a Connie or FJR when I found my ZX14, just couldnt pass up the pricetag at that time........even planned to "tour out" my big Ninja until I found out what these things can REALLY do........I'll have a C14 eventually, but I will still NEED my hypersport :D Cant do without it, the big bore sportbikes are like a drug!