Almost ready to ride(winter work complete)(ALMOST)

2talltim

Im sure many of you have been doing some maint. work to your rides this winter. I too have been a busy bee on the ol' TiLliS. So here a list of what i dun, did, do.

Cleaned and re oiled the K&N, New Plugs, Valve adjustment(about 10000 miles over due), New Spigler red/gold Stainless brake lines, gold pre load adjusters(probobly going to take them off, repack my yoshi CF mufflers. Plus a complete fluid flush and replacment witch included, motor oil, fork oil, brake fluid(front and rear), coolant, and stearing damper fluid. And last but certianly not least i installed a custom billet/ lexan clear clutch cover with billet gold preasure plate. So of you may seen pics of it when i posted them after chistmas.

And the reason i say almost ready to ride is because when i did the front cyl valves i had the radiator off and the horn. Well when i did the valves i tucked the horn wire up in the frame to get them out of my way, and i forgot all about it till the end when it was 98% back together and i realized i cant get to the wires now:nono:.

So anywho thought id share all this with a few pics and videos of my clutch cover. I know "cool story bro" and all that, i say "suck one":D..:lol:

http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr334/2talltim/?action=view&current=2012-03-03_09-27-16_421.mp4

th_2012-03-03_08-35-55_210.jpg

2012-03-03_09-14-29_499.jpg

2012-03-03_09-14-35_730.jpg

http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr334/2talltim/?action=view&current=2012-03-03_09-36-14_498.mp4

2012-03-03_09-49-56_727.jpg

http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr334/2talltim/?action=view&current=2012-03-03_09-30-35_743.mp4

Edited by 2talltim

I feel ya on the mods/maint thing. I've been doing stuff I've never really wanted to do before.

after seeing my buddy's 04 R6 put down 116.5hp at the dyno (typical R6 is right at 100 +/- 1-2 hp) I have been itching to buy all the same stuff for mine. lol his bike can walk mine like 10 bike lengths in a race to 110.

MUST GET SAME STUFF lol

so far I've done

1. valve adjustment

2. graves slide stops

3. bmc filter (best option for the R6)

4. factory pro +4 ignition advancer

5. power commander

6. factory pro super flare V stacks

7. I'm putting a set of 05 throttle bodies on mine. they're bigger than the 03/04 bike's. (he doesn't have that mod muhahahah) so I had to get the 05 airbox that fits on the throttle bodies.

and a few other things that I wanted...

1. adjustable rearsets

2. double bubble windscreen

3. new ferodo sinter grip pads

4. had front rotors resurfaced at a machine shop

5. removed the AIS (air injection system)

6. and a new paint job (I paint my own stuff)

and I'm going to take it to DTM in a few months to get a custom tune. but I'm going to load the map from his bike first just to see if I get the same or close to his 116 mark. might not work right with the 05 throttle bodies though.

Edited by serpentracer

What did you get for readings on the valves? How far out were they?

Not real bad the intakes were about .25mm to .30mm off and the exhuast were .15mm to .20mm off..acording to the shop mannual I can put up to a 3.20 shim in befor they are out of spec, I've got between 2.65 to 2.85 in there now

Im pretty those were the numbers...I remember taking out a 2.60 and putting in a 2.85 on a couple of them..my notebook is out in the shed ill double check and give you all the digits tomorrow

The clearance on 2 of the intakes and one exhust were almost 0, I do remember that and spec. On mine is .20 intake and.30 exahust ...so maybe im under estimating the amount of adjustment?

Edited by 2talltim

I wouldn't know without a set of feelers in my hands and your bike in front of me. lol

but .23 -.30 is kinda big.

if your min for the exhausts valves were .23 for example and you couldn't get the .23 under it. you know it needs adjusted but not how much. now you have to slide the one feeler under it that just slightly drags on it. that is your measurement.

my factory manual has a chart to go by to determine what size you need based on your measurement and what they installed. take mine for example, my exhausts measured .19. (the min is .23mm) they installed a 185 pad. following the chart, if my measurement was between .19-.22 and the 185 pad, I need a 180 pad. and it put my new measurement dead center of the specs again.

Edited by serpentracer

I wouldn't know without a set of feelers in my hands and your bike in front of me. lol

but .23 -.30 is kinda big.

if your min for the exhausts valves were .23 for example and you couldn't get the .23 under it. you know it needs adjusted but not how much. now you have to slide the one feeler under it that just slightly drags on it. that is your measurement.

my factory manual has a chart to go by to determine what size you need based on your measurement and what they installed. take mine for example, my exhausts measured .19. (the min is .23mm) they installed a 185 pad. following the chart, if my measurement was between .19-.22 and the 185 pad, I need a 180 pad. and it put my new measurement dead center of the specs again.

My triumph manual never had such a chart, but my yamaha does, and its really cool they did that!