Forcast for Saturday (3/10) is 55 an Sunny, anyone planning a ride???

SWing'R

I've been doing a lot of scouting for an upcoming FJR ride and I'd be happy to lead a ride of some of the good stuff on our route.I'd be on my KLR,which is NOT the king of power,so it would be at a medium pace.

Here's the tentative route;

From Zanesville...60s>555s>669e>River rdn>cross the Muskingum river and pick up 376 @Gaysport>@McConnelsville pick up 78e>83s>@Beverly 339e>@Dexter City 821s>CR11>565e>260s>26w>Colgate Dr>CR375>CR43>CR11>821>530>60n back to Zanesville.

When we get back to 60 from 530 we can just slab it up 60 or cross the river and continue the twisties.

You're probably looking at 150-200 miles from Zanesville for the loop.Since most of you guys would be coming from the Columbus area I don't know if you're looking for a ride that long...but there it is if you're interested.

Plenty of twisty roads,check it out on google maps at 1 mile scale.

You're probably looking at 150-200 miles from Zanesville for the loop.Since most of you guys would be coming from the Columbus area I don't know if you're looking for a ride that long...but there it is if you're interested.

That's a little more riding than I'm looking to do on the first ride out,

and some roads I'm not ready to hit this early either (ie. 555) :o

Plans for Saturday just became free so I can go for a short ride. I'm gonna hit the IP party for a bit with Fizzer (maybe). Just looking for something local for the first ride gotta test out some new stuff as well.

Plans for Saturday just became free so I can go for a short ride. I'm gonna hit the IP party for a bit with Fizzer (maybe). Just looking for something local for the first ride gotta test out some new stuff as well.

What's the IP party you speak of?? Iron Pony?

this thread is why i text you today...ride moto vs. ride shot gun..moto FTW!!!

That's a little more riding than I'm looking to do on the first ride out' date='

and some roads I'm not ready to hit this early either (ie. 555) :o[/quote']

Understood.I kind of thought that after I realized how long of a ride it would be for people in the Columbus area.You might want to keep that route in mind for later in the year though.

As for 555...the section I included on that route is probably the least challenging road on the whole route.;)

Wooo! Plans changed, so Saturday is completely open for riding :cool:

I've been doing a lot of scouting for an upcoming FJR ride and I'd be happy to lead a ride of some of the good stuff on our route.I'd be on my KLR,which is NOT the king of power,so it would be at a medium pace.

Here's the tentative route;

When are you starting the ride? I'd be happy to trek out to Zanesville as a starting point - thats the price one pays for living right in Columbus :\ I'm fine with keeping a moderate pace - this'll be my first long ride on my new bike and my first real ride in about 18 months so I'm just hoping to knock the rust off and have fun but also to live to tell the tale.

That's a little more riding than I'm looking to do on the first ride out' date='

and some roads I'm not ready to hit this early either (ie. 555) :o[/quote']

Ah cmon, you know that if you want a good ride you've gotta get way away from the city! If you change your mind shoot me a PM or something and we can meet up before heading to Zanesville.

Sunday looks nicer than sat. If any one once to meet up and ride I might go down ride the hocking hills

Yeah it wasn't supposed to be originally. I think I'm going to opt for a longer

ride on Sunday and just putt around Cbus on Saturday.

Ah cmon, you know that if you want a good ride you've gotta get way away from the city! If you change your mind shoot me a PM or something and we can meet up before heading to Zanesville.

Oh I know, and I usually do head away from the city, just not sure about this

early in the season, probably going to stay close to home on Saturday and

venture out farther away for most of Sunday afternoon.

Wooo! Plans changed, so Saturday is completely open for riding :cool:

When are you starting the ride?

It looks like it would just be me and you.I just got back from riding the route...it takes a little over 5 hours and about 200 miles.River road is closed so we'll just go down 60 and start the good stuff with 376.This is a really good route,if you like VERY twisty riding you will not be disappointed!All the roads are clean and in good to great condition.

If you're still in,let me know before 9 tomorrow morning.I'd like to meet at 11:30 at the Exxon on 146(Underwood St).Take the 7th street exit(Exit 155),you'll see a Subway at the bottom of the ramp,just go straight beside the Subway.146 will be about two blocks up at a stop light,the Exxon is right across the street(146).

I could go Sunday if that works better for you...the weather is going to be better Sunday.

Denny

Edited by drc32-0

Sunday looks nicer than sat. If any one once to meet up and ride I might go down ride the hocking hills

I'll ride Hocking with you tomorrow. What time you want to head out and where you want to meet?

I think you're in Columbus from your profile and FB page, what side of town?

I'm on the west side, Hilliard area, Roberts Rd. I'll PM you with my cell number,

the Google number in my sig doesn't ring my cell, it goes straight to voicemail.

Do you have a route already in mind?