clip on question

cOoTeR

I've got a new stock clip on for my rc 51. How do you install them? I thought it would just bolt on but it appears I've got to remove the top triple tree is that right? Also does anyone have advice for swapping the controls over?

Unfortunately it's a wrap-around clip-on so you have pull the tree top. Use a screw driver to help spread the band when you slide the old bar off. The top nut on the tree of mine is 41mm. Don't worry about aligning the bar, there's a guide tab that helps you position it at the right angle.

The switch-gear is simple - there are pins on the parts and holes in the bar so you get it perfect every time. Just don't spill out all you clutch fluid:(

I forgot to mention that it the throttle side. The reason I'm switching it is its bent and if I pull the passed 3/4 it sticks. I may need a new throttle tube but I'm hoping not.

I forgot to mention that it the throttle side. The reason I'm switching it is its bent and if I pull the passed 3/4 it sticks. I may need a new throttle tube but I'm hoping not.

Still very easy. The throttle tube is nylon so it's tough - it may have taken a set, though.

Have you though about getting some aftermarket bodywork for it? It's just unfortunate that the radiators are on the sides.

Pull top clamp, drop the clipon on, pit top clamp bsck on. Tq top nut to spec.

Align clip on, measure stock height on other side.

Akso note position.

Tq the allen head to spec

Then install your switches and what not

or

remove wheel

drop fork tube

either way a neck stand should be used

Still very easy. The throttle tube is nylon so it's tough - it may have taken a set, though.

Have you though about getting some aftermarket bodywork for it? It's just unfortunate that the radiators are on the sides.

What do you mean taken a set? I've looked at aftermaket fairings but is a bit more than I can afford right now.