Intervention on A&e is in columbus

redkow97

I can't watch these because the 2 I've been forced to watch never really make themselves better and because I don't know them I have zero sympathy and people then think I'm heartless

I do applaud the ones that do take the time and effort to right the ship and keep it on the right track but then I resort to the whole well why the hell did you let yourself get like this angley

That is the first time I've ever seen someone agree to go to treatment and then bail.

I've seen virtually every other scenario (refuse to go, go and leave after 2 days, go and succeed, go and finish but relapse), so this was at least something new.

I did feel a little bad for the guy. Growing up with 2 dads in the 60's and 70's couldn't have been a fun time, and his dad did seem to have some problems giving any sort of positive affirmation (which I can relate to).

But I do tend to agree with Brian on this. Whatever their issues, not dealing with them is no one but the addict's fault. There are plenty of people who go through worse and come away better.

So does anyone remember "DJ Sean Michael?" they made it sound like he was almost a big deal in the early 90's.