Ohio Considering Selling Highway Sponsorships

Casper

if its keeps them in good condition and raise limits to 70 then screw it I'm all for it

See I'm on the other side of the fence. There's enough product placement and advertisements in my life. I really don't want to be driving down Coca Cola Highway every day. Plus, we pay taxes for the upkeep of our roads. If they can't manage that money efficiently, maybe there's another issue here to fix instead of throwing more money at it. Just my two cents.

I'd rather driver down the Hustler Hwy that way I've got something nice to look at.

j/k

I'll agree with Casper what's the use if the tax money is not used the most efficient way. Hell I they do end up doing this then where is the tax money used for roads gonna go?

I agree with casper...

but...

I'm all for it if it drops road tax, fuel prices, etc...

I got no problem with more ads, I'll take all the TM roads they want to throw at me.

I can't wait to see a geyser at the corner of mentos blvd, and pepsi st...

Edited by magley64

It'd be cool if they could have popups on our in-dash displays depending on what road we're on.

Cruising down Taco Bell Avenue, and suddenly a dog pops up on your gps screen telling you to take a left to get a few soft tacos, nachos, and large Baja Blast Mountain Dew.

yo-quiero-taco-bell-chihuahua-copy1.jpg

It'd be cool if they could have popups on our in-dash displays depending on what road we're on.

Cruising down Taco Bell Avenue, and suddenly a dog pops up on your gps screen telling you to take a left to get a few soft tacos, nachos, and large Baja Blast Mountain Dew.

yo-quiero-taco-bell-chihuahua-copy1.jpg

And that's the day I become the crazy old man living in the woods.

Taxes wouldnt go down the money for roads would be directed to the general fund as they are now. Do you have any idea how much trucking and bus companies pay? We would end up with more subsidies for Amtrak, airlines, Parks, bike paths, walking trails, etc. Government doesn't like to release power.

Edited by crb