April fools day ride

Gixxus Christ!

Looking to get a group together to ride the canton/massillon area. No route as yet but I have an idea where we will be going. I know some decent roads out here and there is a ton of farm land with very few stop signs or cops. ride will be in the afternoon, probably start around 2pm. shitty weather will of course be a deal breaker. We can meet at my place or a gas station near by, doesn't matter. It probably won't be an epic all day thing, just a few hours but should be fun and a chance to meet some people.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet I will try to work up a route map during the week but I don't really know the backroads out here, I just sort of take random turns and get myself as lost as possible, try to find my way home and eventually consult the GPS on my phone. This works great for just me but Idk about a group of us.

I'm having trouble making a route map, does anyone know of an Android app that I can use to draw a route over a map? Also I'm having trouble deciding on the route, there aren't a ton of twisty roads out there, just lots of hilly and gently winding or straight ones. I don't want people to get bored with just going mostly straight...been looking at area maps for more challenging terrain.

Good point, this is mostly an opportunity for me to actually meet some of you bastards. Was thinking maybe planning a backroads route from down here to the valley and back, maybe with a stop at the lizard for a pop or perhaps ONE light beer...suggestions are always welcome, this is your ride too.

OK, thinking of hitting a few twisties down by me, then some farm land around north Lawrence, then a slab up 21 into Montrose, then sand run down into the valley, Akron-peninsula rd to 303 then riverview back, Merriman to memorial pkway/ tallmadge ave and end at the A&W root beer stand. That should take us a few hours, I know some good places to stop along the way to stretch, smoke, piss etc. thoughts?

OK, thinking of hitting a few twisties down by me, then some farm land around north Lawrence, then a slab up 21 into Montrose, then sand run down into the valley, Akron-peninsula rd to 303 then riverview back, Merriman to memorial pkway/ tallmadge ave and end at the A&W root beer stand. That should take us a few hours, I know some good places to stop along the way to stretch, smoke, piss etc. thoughts?

if you end up with this route I might bring out the CBR if my overheating issue is just a relay. In that event I can meet you down near Sand Run and lead around the Valley and show you guys some stuff. Though I might suggest starting an hour or 2 earlier.

if you end up with this route I might bring out the CBR if my overheating issue is just a relay. In that event I can meet you down near Sand Run and lead around the Valley and show you guys some stuff. Though I might suggest starting an hour or 2 earlier.

just wire in a toggle switch for the fan. I can't start any earlier, Sunday we go out to breakfast, grocery shop and do stuff around the house, plus we pretty much always hit the bars Saturday night so I probably won't crawl out of bed till noon anyway.

relay should be here by then, I'm just hoping the issue isn't deeper than that. Later in the day works fine for me for a ride like this, especially since my gf goes back home mid afternoon Sundays. I just suggested earlier in case anyone wanted a longer tour of the Valley