Moto Series Round 1: April 27-29

APCh8r

So test it around the block! Mike did it and found the pinched hose and do I after crashes also. Quick Fiberglass kit, drill extra holes for Dzus or just use zip ties and take a short spin to see if anything flaps or moves at minor speed. Worse case, we can probably fix it at the track anyways unless something catastrophic happens. I'm pretty good at these things anymore....Practice makes perfect right?... But a lot of guys use zip ties to keep bodywork together..since it allows some flex and moving under crashes where-as the Dzus/bolts just break the tabs and blowout bodywork.

Edited by SJC1000rr

So test it around the block! Mike did it and found the pinched hose and do I after crashes also. Quick Fiberglass kit, drill extra holes for Dzus or just use zip ties and take a short spin to see if anything flaps or moves at minor speed. Worse case, we can probably fix it at the track anyways unless something catastrophic happens. I'm pretty good at these things anymore....Practice makes perfect right?...Last Endurance race got another go thanks to someone who shall not be named :D

Where were you the weekend I could for used you :nono: oh that's right you were to good for us and raced wera...:eek:

Lets just hope the weather improves....Too early too call...but hoping the cold front moves out before then. Otherwise the soft tires are going on for sure!

Don't jinx it you ass!

^you dumb ass, he said thread not when can he sign up.

Back off fucker. You might not make out for the first session.

So test it around the block!

did that. brakes felt weird. bled them, and they feel better.

I'm more talking about getting up to 100mph, and then feeling some kind of weird vibration or pulse. Stuff I just can't test around the block.

I'm sure I'm psyching myself out more than anything. I may as well go buy everything now and just get it over with.

$115 for race license + $160 for races + $75 for saturday (debating open v. advanced, given that I've been off the bike so long)

= $350. ouch.

Where were you the weekend I could for used you :nono: oh that's right you were to good for us and raced wera...:eek:

Well when you pre-register you kinda want to go :p Racing two series wasn't in the budget. Besides, everyone needs to learn how to fix their bikes also! I don't mind teaching & helping, but learning from digging into things is always the best.

Yeah dude Zip Ties are awesome, I used them all first season until I got some body fasteners, I mean I have Dzus on the lower, but I still have misc zip ties.

As for up to speed, if you find something wrong with the bike, where is the best and most knowledgable place to fix it? THE TRACK, especially with the MS dudes/gals, they have everything there and will loan it in a heartbeat. Last year my trailer got a flat at Nelson after 3 days of events and Ray let me use his tools, Craig his jack, and the other dudes told me after the fact that they had an impact I could have used lol.

But seriously, it'd be hte best place to have an issue, plus you have to test it at some point, might as well be early.

I'm not worried about a fixable issue. My concern is if the forks or frame are bent. The type of thing I can't really anticipate or fix.

I'm sure the bike is fine. I'm just psyching myself out. I bought my race license yesterday after Todd got back to me about number availability (see modified signature). I'll pre-register 8 days out, so I can get an idea of what the weather will be like.

Anyone know what Quentin charges for a 211 rear at the track? Does he take card at the track?

I'm not worried about a fixable issue. My concern is if the forks or frame are bent. The type of thing I can't really anticipate or fix.

I'm sure the bike is fine. I'm just psyching myself out. I bought my race license yesterday after Todd got back to me about number availability (see modified signature). I'll pre-register 8 days out, so I can get an idea of what the weather will be like.

Anyone know what Quentin charges for a 211 rear at the track? Does he take card at the track?

Quentin doesn't sell dunlops, you need to talk to Todd for that.

I already paid, so I'm not on the fence about going. I am, however, on the fence about if I should change my tires if my parts even come in time... I might have to run with the '03, in which case I will have the stockers off the '10 (Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers) and then I am not as worried about it being wet. Just wear a layer more, it will still be mid 40's.

-Edit-

Newest weather says 20% chance, so they don't actually consider it a possibility. I'm fine with the temperature and happy if it stays just cloudy.

Sunday is looking pretty damn good at this point now. It was at 0% last night... Saturday is looking shitty though but, just need to break the motor in so, even if I get a couple of sessions, it'll be fine... Come on, Mother Nature!!! Racing is fun! You should become a fan!!

I already paid, so I'm not on the fence about going. I am, however, on the fence about if I should change my tires if my parts even come in time... I might have to run with the '03, in which case I will have the stockers off the '10 (Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers) and then I am not as worried about it being wet. Just wear a layer more, it will still be mid 40's.

-Edit-

Newest weather says 20% chance, so they don't actually consider it a possibility. I'm fine with the temperature and happy if it stays just cloudy.

All in for Saturday!

Let's edit the forecast, I prefer the optimist's view, 80% chance of dry skies! and the rain won't start til 5:30 pm!

Hoping it stays nice for you all, and warms up so it isn't a repeat of last weekend.

Shut your whore mouth. We do not want to hear a peep out of the guy that should've listened to us and been racing this weekend vs. playing in inner city traffic at Putnam.

:D:D

Shut your whore mouth. We do not want to hear a peep out of the guy that should've listened to us and been racing this weekend vs. playing in inner city traffic at Putnam.

:D:D

It was more like roadrage the videogame, man I could have used a bat.

Pretty much 0% Sunday, but Saturday is looking like shit... Here's to at least a few dry sessions!!

I am counting on typical NEOH weather to change at the last minute and it be completely dry. Cold...find. I just may have to sport my uber ghey early 90's unperfed leathers clad in purple and pink. :confused: But they'd be warm!

AMA146 started a new thread on this, just wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

"April 27, 28, and 29 CANCELLED

With the predicted conditions for our upcoming event being mixed, with predominate rain and cold temperatures.

Thanks to the track management (Kerrie and Scott) we are able to cancel this weekend's event.

All registrations will be available for use at our next Nelson event, or eligible for a future date if your schedule does not permit.

Please contact us and we will be happy to reschedule your day.

Email is the preferred contact method if possible as we expect a high volume of phone calls.

To help expedite your forwarding registration, all pre-registered riders for this event date will be moved automatically to May 18-20 weekend respectively."