Experience w/ Midwest Cafe Racing Association

ohdaho

Craig will you have a sheet of numbers or do I need to hit Lowes real fast, for the helmet stuff? I don't want some gay shit on there since it's a brand new helmet, actually Im not overly happy about that one, but whatever.

Bikes numbered already, but helmet isn't. Im 539, not sure if Mike is numbered on bike? Just in case we only want to get 1 set of numbers or whatever. If I don't hear from ya today Ill hit lowes after work since its on the way.

Do they have to be white?

Craig will you have a sheet of numbers or do I need to hit Lowes real fast, for the helmet stuff? I don't want some gay shit on there since it's a brand new helmet, actually Im not overly happy about that one, but whatever.

Bikes numbered already, but helmet isn't. Im 539, not sure if Mike is numbered on bike? Just in case we only want to get 1 set of numbers or whatever. If I don't hear from ya today Ill hit lowes after work since its on the way.

Do they have to be white?

Dude, a small 1"x1" white Avery label isn't less gay than vinyl numbers from Lowe's that are probably at least 1" tall? With your three digit number, it's gonna look like ass on there. A small white decal is WAY better than that!

Dude, a small 1"x1" white Avery label isn't less gay than vinyl numbers from Lowe's that are probably at least 1" tall? With your three digit number, it's gonna look like ass on there. A small white decal is WAY better than that!

Oh ya, I meant that, like small numbers 1x1 from Lowes, not like the huge numberrs on my bike LOL.

Dude some of the posts further up made me laugh out loud. "more packed than Craigs ass at MS" I just laughed again.

But yeah, like Brian and Mykill said, there is worse shit to be doing on a weekend then hanging with friends at a track.

Not to mention the gayness that will be going on, people may not want to be on the track when we go out there anyways lol.

Oh and that 6ft and outside of turns only in Int. I can say that won't happen with about 9(% certinty. Not from me, but yeah, just saying.

I remember hte one time we ran N at Putnam, and during registration they handed us a printed out number on 8.5x11 paper HUGE. Ananda looked at the lady and said what do we do with this, the lady goes, duct tape it to your windscreen lol. Ananda goes, wait what? And the lady repeated herself, it was unreal.

Oh and that 6ft and outside of turns only in Int. I can say that won't happen with about 9(% certinty. Not from me, but yeah, just saying.

So, are you saying that you will be passing on the inside and/or less than 6ft? Or, that you won't be passing at all?

If you are thinking that there will be no passing opportunities, I am sure that I am more than capable of ensuring that will happen. T8 is still my nemesis at Putnam but I am determined to figure that bad boy out.

As far as numbers go, I goofed and managed to buy a bunch of 6's. Long story, so I am going to go with 96 in 6" numbers. So wrong to have 6" numbers on the helmet but oh well.

Question, can I just make up a number like that or should I pick up some letter like K to go in front K96 or 96K???

Edited by Revelstoker

No in regards to not being passed in the inside, I am pretty confident there WILL be passing on hte inside eventually. Especially with a 2 day full event, people are going to get tired of being behind people.

This. I thought Int was passing inside or outside....

and....go with 96k!

yeah most Int ive ever been is 6ft rule with inside or outside... novice was outseide only in the straights... but again.. diff org diff rules.. i dont see the no inside lasting long with the number of people on the track at the same time

If you decide to post things that are meaningful, please follow up with 1-2 homo comments. Thank you.

That is my top speed for session 1 on saturday too.

That's a great pace for a slow ZJ in turn 1, you'll be done by the bus stop and resting by the straight.

Dude we need to gay this shit up now. I have to be careful at work posting but I can post anything I want at home lol.

So whose sleeping with me the first night, Craig or MyKill? Or wait, maybe we will get crazy and you two can spoon and I can hang with Andy's dog Max? It weighs about 8lbs now I think, so I better be careful.

Sorry to derail your conversation but...

The forecast down here is for the "R" word this weekend. So be careful at Putnam, the surface is slicker than pig guts when it gets damp. If your used to the wet traction at NL and Beaver Putnam is way less. Its great fun dry though. Also, be aware that turn 4 is off camber, a lot of people don't realize that until it is too late so make sure the left side of your tires are warm before you try to rail it. Last peice of advice be careful through turn 10, it is the only place without ample run-off and the guardrail looks unforgiving.

Next, would you post back what you think of the new facilities? Putty is my closest track and I love going there. I would like to know how the improvements are and if they are worth the price spike ($155 to $180). Last time I was there the restrooms were only a little better than NL, no garages, viewing sucked and no camping. At $155 the track was a great bang for your buck. Now that it is $180 I have to reconsider Mid-O.