Another Dayton 250 Rider

msmith677

We seem to be coming out of the woodwork, so I figured I should finally introduce myself.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been riding my 2007 250 all round Ohio the last year, about 8,000 miles altogether. Before that I was riding my cheap-o Chinese 150cc scooter around Dayton.

Matt

Welcome! With the fuel mileage of.my fz1 , a two fiddy sounds nice!

Seriously, people think I ride because I get great gas mileage on the bike, but in reality I only get 4mpg more than my car and use premium in the bike so it really doesn't make a difference.

I get 46-48 vs 20-24 with my car

How on earth do you manage 46mpg on a 900? My 600 gets 35, 38 if I shift before 6k. My 250 would get 45-50 highway, 65 in the city and back roads.

And welcome to the forum msmith!

Edited by JStump

I fill it to full and the last time I put 3.381 gallons of premium after 158 miles and that was when my reserve was switched. I just put a new speedo on it that's in miles vs the previous one in Kilometers, I used a conversion app to figure out how many miles I had went. I have only filled up once since I got the bike, so how consistent that will be idk

Seriously, people think I ride because I get great gas mileage on the bike, but in reality I only get 4mpg more than my car and use premium in the bike so it really doesn't make a difference.

its a sport bike, its tuned to go fast not for gas mileage. My 110mile range on the CBR was half the reason I went with the VFR with an average of 150 but I've squeezed 175-180 out of it a few times

:welcomeor: msmith! And I get 40-42mpg on my ZX14 on plus pumpgas ( when I'm riding with the wife and have to behave @ 70mph :D)

Also, my wife ( snot ) has started a 250 group here so join up!

Edited by Hellmutt