F*CK!!! Tahoe Down!!

2talltim

i had a bad deal with jasper before, im sure it was a isolated thing but it left a bad taste in my mouth

I've never had one, but lived an hr from their facility always heard good things. I would start on the Jack. :)

I bought a 4.3 GM crate motor and have had fantastic luck with it.

I would NEVER buy a Jasper. I have 2 auto tech friends whose shops sell Jaspers, and both say the return rate on them is quite high, and neither bought one when they needed engines, even though they would get it at shop pricing.

Rebuilding it yourself is an option, but I know the GM crate motors are hand built, not like most the other GM motors you get in vehicles. You can probably save money by doing it yourself, and its not something so difficult to do, but without opening it up and see what all needs attention its hard to say. If any journals got starved for oil, if the webbing in the block got whacked by loose rods, etc, if the crank/block needs re alignment.....maybe a block......who knows. Plus time is probably an issue for you as well, so buying a crate motor might be the ticket. Another thing to consider is there is a core charge on your old motor. Seems mine was like a few hundred dollars, but my 4.3 cost me about $1500 with me driving to Berger Chevrolet and picking it up. I also had to return the crate it came in, all of it, every piece, because if I didn't there was a core charge on it as well.

Not sure this helps, but hope so.

here is what i leaning towards

4.Used engine with 27,000 miles on it, lifetime waranty on part and labor as long as i own it $3635

i like the waranty and really not ready to tackle this myself and i need it back on the road asap

plus i get my old engine back, so i might tear into it and see if a repair is in order and have a back up or one for parts or even sell it to my father inlaw for scrap (he is a core buyer)

I would still call around first. Maybe you can haggle the price if you find it cheaper elsewhere.

im also going to call the dealer owner and plead my case to him and see if he can help me out with the labor cost a bit..ive only put 3000 miles on it since ive had it

im also going to call the dealer owner and plead my case to him and see if he can help me out with the labor cost a bit..ive only put 3000 miles on it since ive had it

No matter which one you choose i would go this route first. If he dont want to do anything about it drive it THROUGH his front door!!

Bad situation bubby! hope whatever you choose works out for the best.

...So here are my options.

1.Rebuild engine witch would have a 90 day parts and labor waranty through the garage. $3699

2.Brand new GM crate engine 3yr 100,000mile waranty through GM $5647

3.Used engine with 94,000miles on it lifetime waranty on parts and labor as long as own it $3425

4.Used engine with 27,000 mile son it, lifetime waranty o part and labor as long as i own it $3635

these are out the door prices..WHAT OPTION WOULD YOU CHOOSE????????

...my tahoe, that i've only had for 2 months is making a squaking noise and the check engine light was on.

option 5: "I bought this truck from you two months ago in good faith. The engine just blew up. $3,635 for a new engine is TOO MUCH to add to what I paid for this vehicle. Little did i know IT WOULD BLOW UP ON ME LESS THAN 3,000 MILES LATER!!!!!111!11!!1!!!! I need my engine repaired, either for free or for a far lower price than I've been quoted."

If that doesn't work, of the options you presented only option 4 makes any sense to me.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Ok just got off the phone with John Wlash the owner of Fredericktown Chevrolet and he feels really bad about the whole thing and is going to eat all but $750 of the repair. I called and kept a cool head and told him i know its not thier fault and i dont beleive they would sell me a lemon on purpose and i would just like alittle help with this repair cost. He said he would talk to his service manager and call me back. The service manager called me back 15 min later with the good news, so i called john back to personally thank him. WOW i wasnt exsepecting that. I basicly told him he has a customer for life now.

Now that's some good news! Which route are they taking for a replacement engine?

i had already told them i was going to go with the low milage used replacment because i will still get the waranty too, so the the replacement will ahve 1/4 less miles than the truck..and i think ill still get the old engine too..ill ask when its done im not going to split hairs at this point