F*CK!!! Tahoe Down!!

2talltim

I swear if i didn't have bad luck i wouldn't have any:mad:. Was leaving work this morning and my tahoe, that i've only had for 2 months is making a squaking noise and the check engine light was on. At first i thought it was a alt, power stearing pump or pully so i came home and took off the accesorry belts and started it up and the noise was still there. IT'S IN THE FUCKING ENGINE!!!:( If i had to guess id say its in the valve train or timing gear area, maybe the cam. IM SO FUCKING PISSED I COULD SPIT NAILS!!!!!

Its at the chevy garage now getting a go over i was told maybe up to $400 just to figure out what it is.:nono::nono:

Here is youtube video i took with the accesoory belt off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzfBAjnzLo8&feature=g-upl&context=G269dd68AUAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by 2talltim

Turn radio up - won't hear the noise...

Was this a private sale, or is there a used car place/dealership you can go back to and try to work with?

it was a dealer sale...the same dealer that has it now

Youre the guy that bought Dub's generator and picked it up at my house right? If that garage sounds like they are screwing you or anything let me know. I got a shop my friends own in Lexington right off 71/97 or whatever that exit is with Mid O etc. that we take our cars too, only.

Very fair, and work on everything from bikes to squads. Diesel, gas, anything.

now i really getting pissed, i just found this clip it about the same sound and in the decription it says....

Chevy 6.0 after being hydrolocked

Bad main bearing, two seized wrist pins, three bad rod bearings and a destroyed crankshaft.... and was still runnin like a champ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU6UMLVtoE4

now i really getting pissed, i just found this clip it about the same sound and in the decription it says....

Chevy 6.0 after being hydrolocked

Bad main bearing, two seized wrist pins, three bad rod bearings and a destroyed crankshaft.... and was still runnin like a champ!

Its only money, bad luck though. I hate switching vehicles for this reason luckily I have an awesome mechanic.

Its only money, bad luck though. I hate switching vehicles for this reason luckily I have an awesome mechanic.

depends on what it is, i might have to sell one of my quads:(..my parents will loan me all i need but i hate borrowing from them

Here we go....lets bash Chevy before we even know what the problem is.

By the way, my Pittsburgh Rep has an "Indestructable Nissan 4 Runner".......at least thats what he told me when he bought it. Currently getting the Transmission replaced at 42,000 miles. They made him a deal though....he is only $3k out of pocket.

Cars break......all cars break. Show me a manufacturer that doesn't have a service department.

• Upvote 1

I once bought a used K car with a slant 6 in it. A couple days after I bought it it made a big !POP!, but kept running just fine and got me to work. At the end of the day I noticed oil had leaked onto the ground, so I popped the hood, and there was a big hole in the side of the block! Laying on the frame rail was a part of the rod. Cranked the car up and it ran smooth and got me home, like about an hour's drive. Sometimes motors give it up and do some strange stuff. I also had a 4.3L give it up on 117 nearly to Lima, on our way for another load of stuff when we were moving. That thing started rattling getting louder and louder so that by the time we got back here to Circleville it was so loud it woke my neighbor up when I drove back to the barn to park it. It had a broken rod but just kept going. Must have driven it 100 miles or so to get back home.

Good luck.

OK i got the bad news and it is what i thought. Cyl. 1 almost no compression and over 1000 miss fires, cyl 6 lower commpression than it should be, and miss fires on all cyl but no where neer whats on cyl 1. They are assumming it is the cam./cam bearings are bad,, and prob lifters and other stuff and that still puts a big question mark on the bottom end, or if anything else got hurt.

So here are my options.

1.Rebuild engine witch would have a 90 day parts and labor waranty through the garage. $3699

2.Brand new GM crate engine 3yr 100,000mile waranty through GM $5647

3.Used engine with 94,000miles on it lifetime waranty on parts and labor as long as own it $3425

4.Used engine with 27,000 mile son it, lifetime waranty o part and labor as long as i own it $3635

these are out the door prices..WHAT OPTION WOULD YOU CHOOSE????????

Edited by 2talltim